Friday, November 15, 2013

Thanks in 30 Challenge - Day 15

Day 15
Today I am thankful for friends. More specifically, our best friends. It's rare to have the same best friend your entire life. Even rarer for your husbands to become the best friends but it's happened folks. It's nothing short of the goodness of God and I do not take it for granted. I met Larissa as an 8 year old when I started taking piano lessons from her mom. Shortly after I turned 9, we began playing together and as they say...the rest is history. We have been the best of friends ever since. She is the closest thing to a sister I have ever known. I cannot remember one significant moment in my life that she wasn't around for. She knows everything about me and she still wants to be my friend! I won't bore you with all the ways she is wonderful - and there are lots - but suffice it to say, I am very thankful for her. And the fact that she married a great guy and he has become best buds with the great guy that I married...well, it's just almost too good to be true! They have a daughter, Maylee, that is a month older than Cayden and they are also the best of friends. My kids love Maylee like a sister and I'm pretty sure the feelings are mutual. There's a whole lot of laughter and sweet moments exchanged when we're all together. These people that God has blessed us with...my cup truly runneth over.


Here are the kids playing tonight (minus their youngest, Emery, who is 1 month old and was being snuggled by her Uncle Collin) - too busy to look at the camera all at once...you know how it is. I love that they're growing up together. I am super thankful for these precious faces and their friendships!

0 comments: