Friday, November 1, 2013

Thanks in 30 challenge - Day 1

I have never gotten on board with the whole post something you're thankful for everyday in November deal that has become popular in recent years. I saw someone post something on instagram today titled Thanks in 30 and I liked it. I cannot now remember who posted it and I'm too lazy to go look but I decided to embrace it. I want to be thankful in all circumstances and what better way than to consciously express it everyday?! So, here goes...

Day 1
Today I am thankful for my children who God uses to constantly point me to Him. They have taught me much about who I am and who I want to be. God uses them to show me my inadequacies and my overwhelming need for a Savior. They force me to rely on Him and to cling to Him with all my hopes and fears about the two little people that I love so fiercely. He uses them to remind me of what's important when I get distracted with life and things that don't really matter. They force me to my knees. Sometimes because I need to pray for sanity because they're driving me bonkers. Sometimes because I am so overwhelmed with doing the best job I can in training them up in righteousness and feel like a failure. Sometimes because I am so thankful that they slept for 13 uninterrupted hours. Ha! Since having kids, I have a deeper understanding of the depth of God's love for me. And for that, I am so so thankful.

And because you're supposed to take a photo with the daily post, here is my photo. My littlest this morning at breakfast. She took 1 bite and then reminded me that we hadn't prayed and thanked God for our food.

(Yes, she went to bed on Halloween night wearing Christmas pajamas...don't judge).

0 comments: