Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His steadfast love endures forever! Psalm 107:1


Collin ran the Turkey Trot this morning while I stayed at home with the kids and baked and had some quality this with my biggest turkey. He wanted to make silly faces at the camera.


Then we headed over to my parents where we have had a great day.  I spent the morning in the kitchen busy with my sweet mama. I purposely wore some fat pants stretchy leggings  and have eaten waaaay more that one person probably should in a day. 


My sweet Cayden wanted to help in the kitchen and has been such a joy today.


This stinker girl was in a bit of a sour mood this morning and refused to look at the camera but she thankfully snapped out of it.



I was pleasantly surprised that the kids ate really well this year! Last year, neither of them would eat stuffing or sweet potato casserole (which are the best parts of the Thanksgiving meal...in my opinion!) but this year they both ate both! There is hope for them yet :) Kyla Brooke DEVOURED the cranberries this year, which surprised us all. 

It's been a nice day relaxing as a family and focusing on all that we have to be thankful for. We recognize that everything good in our lives is from our Father and I hope we will have thankful hearts not only today but everyday!




 YouVerse came out with a free Bible app for kids today. Collin downloaded it on the iPad and they have enjoyed it. It says it's for ages 6-8 but Cayden has really gotten into it at the age of almost 5. If you have small kids, check it out!

0 comments: