Thursday, June 30, 2011

28 Weeks

Sorry no pic this week - just imagine me a tiny bit bigger than last week! And a tiny bit tanner, too :)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 28 Weeks

Size of baby: About 14.8 inches - the size of a chinese cabbage (what is that?!) - and weighs around 2.3 lbs

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 18 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Except for jammies & Collin's t-shirts I am all maternity these days.

Gender: It's a GIRL!

Movement: Moving quite a bit. Somedays she's super active and some days she is very chill and I won't feel her as much. Lately she's been really active early in the morning. Hope that doesn't mean she'll be an early riser! If so, she'll be the only one in this family!

Sleep: Ehh, sleeping ok. The lack of breathing when I lay down and the increasing pain on my hips from laying on my sides are quite annoying. Especially when I'm SO TIRED!

What I miss: Not having a huge belly. I am thankful for my pregnant belly and all, don't get me wrong, but it's getting increasingly more difficult to keep up with Cayden and it's only getting harder the bigger I get. I feel confident that Cayden misses my flatter stomach as well.

Cravings: Not a lot. I'm hungry but nothing sounds good.

Symptoms: Same old same old. All the same symptoms are still here with the addition of my acid reflux acting up. It hit me in the night last night and I was miserable until my aciphex kicked in. So thankful that is category B and I can take it while pregnant. Hoping that was a random fluke and not a new normal for me.

Best Moment this week: Collin took vacation on Monday and we spent the day with our best friends at NRH2O. I hadn't been in FOREVER and it was so much fun! I wish Collin could take every Monday off -- it was a fabulous way to start the week. As miserable as I'm starting to feel some days, I'm really trying to enjoy this time while it's still just the 3 of us. I'm so excited for this baby to be here but I also cherish this time right now.

I have a pregnancy app on my phone and it greeted me this morning by telling me that I am officially in my 3rd trimester and that we have 84 days left until our due date. That 84 days freaked me out a little! We have so much to do. The craft bug bit me yesterday & Cayden and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby to get a few supplies. I made door hangers for both the kids rooms (weird to say "kids"!) and painted a little something for sisters room. I have got to get busy on decorating her room over the next couple months. She will be here in 84 days or less! Wow.

0 comments: