Thursday, June 23, 2011

27 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 27 Weeks

Size of baby: About 14.5 inches - the length of cauliflower - and weighs around 2 lbs

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 16 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Except for jammies & Collin's t-shirts I am all maternity these days.

Gender: It's a GIRL!

Movement: Moving tons - I love it! It's by far my favorite thing about pregnancy.

Sleep: Ehh, sleeping ok. Definitely getting more tired than I have been over the past couple months. I can tell I will be in the 3rd trimester in just a week!

What I miss: Corn dogs

Cravings: Not too much. Ate some queso last night that tasted sooo good to me. I could eat quite a bit more of that!

Symptoms: Heartburn, of course, and this rhinitis of pregnancy is about to do me in! I cannot breathe through my right nostril at any point during the day and they both close up tight during the night. I feel like I have had a cold for a month now. I don't remember it being this bad with Cayd. I was telling Collin at dinner tonight that I have to chew my food with my mouth open because I cannot breathe through my nose at all. We were joking about how we cannot go out to eat anywhere refined because I am chewing like a cow these days - ha! My hips have decided to get in on the pregnancy action lately and have started aching when I lay on my sides at night. And, since this symptom amuses my husband and I don't want to forget it, let me add that my gag reflex is so much stronger with this pregnancy. I cannot hold anything in my mouth, like in between my teeth, for more than about 2 seconds before I start gagging.

Best Moment this week: Cayden and I ran to Babies R Us Tuesday morning since we were in the area and registered for a few things for baby girl. That was fun! Also, totally off baby topic but we had a friend from college come stay with us on Monday night and we got to meet his wife. God has done some awesome things in his life and heart over the time that we have known him and it was so great to see him and meet his sweetie!

4159DEE1DE284565936B38B22865F018.ashx.jpg

Our friends Stephanie and Brandon welcomed their precious second daughter into the world today. And by "Stephanie and Brandon", I mean "Stephanie". The girl had it tough and was such a trooper and praise God, Audrey "Reese" Poor is here and healthy. We went up and saw them briefly tonight and I got my baby fix in! It was a little surreal being at the hospital where we will deliver, knowing that we will be there welcoming our sweet girl into the world in LESS THAN 3 MONTHS! Cayden was not a huge fan of his momma spending time with another baby. He seemed to like Reese though and kept talking about how "pretty and sweet" she was after we left. This is going to be a big adjustment for our little man but I am confident that he will be a gentle and loving big brother when the time comes.

0 comments: