Thursday, June 9, 2011

25 Weeks

Finally a picture! I told you I am getting nice and fat :) One of these days I'll start getting Collin to take the picture of me so my face is in it! And again, excuse the jammies and the deodorant on my shirt. What can I say? I live in the real world.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 25 Weeks
Size of baby: About 13.6 inches - the size of a rutabaga - and weighs around 1.5 lbs
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 14 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Except for jammies & Collin's t-shirts I am all maternity these days.
Gender: It's a GIRL!
Movement: Moving tons! We feel like she moves more than her brother did at this phase. I'm wondering if that means she'll be more of a mover and a shaker than her laid back big bro!
Sleep: I'm sleeping ok. Not great but it could be a lot worse. I'm sure it will be before too long - ha!
What I miss: Back & tummy sleeping. Being able to breathe through my nose. Not needing to eat Tums constantly. Being able to walk around my house without being out of breath. Not peeing my pants every time I sneeze.
Cravings: Sweets. I made a cheesecake Tuesday night and I have eaten half of it!
Symptoms: The most annoying symptoms right now are heartburn, rhinitis of pregnancy, and lots of pressure the way baby girl is laying. I never felt pressure like this with Cayden. I don't know if it's because this is my second pregnancy or because she's not breech like Cayden was at this point but it feels very different.
Best Moment this week: We have painted her room and set up her furniture this week!

We ended up painting her room a color that I never thought I would paint my daughters room but I think it's going to turn out cute. What I'm envisioning is sweet and feminine and fun - hopefully that's how it will turn out. Ha! My dad went with me in his truck to pick up her furniture on Tuesday and we set it up last night after the paint was dry. I have ordered more fabric and am waiting for that to come in and then I will make the final fabric choices and order the bedding since that takes 10-12 weeks to get. Stay tuned for a room update soon! Since her dresser's set up, I guess I need to get going on filling it up, huh?! Shopping for girls is so much fun!!

1 comments:

The Vann's said...

That's a super cute baby bump!!! You look great!!

Eden always talks about Cayden's baby Kyla...we can't wait to meet her!!

-C