Monday, June 6, 2011

24 weeks (several days late!)

*Again, sorry for the lack of picture. I WILL post one later this week!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 24 Weeks
Size of baby: About 12.5 inches - the length of an ear of corn - and weighs around 1.25 lbs
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 12.5 lbs when they weighed me at the doc last Thursday at exactly 24 weeks. She said that I am on the lower end of the weight gain (she said on average most people at 24 weeks have gained between 14-19 lbs) but that baby is measuring fine so she's not worried about it.
Maternity Clothes: Except for jammies & Collin's t-shirts I am all maternity these days.
Gender: It's a GIRL!
Movement: Moving a lot! I can really feel her movements getting stronger. I am starting to see my tummy jump when she kicks. Collin was able to feel her for the first time this weekend. Her movements have been strong enough for him to feel her for a while now but every time he has put his hand on my tummy she would stop moving!
Sleep: I'm sleeping fairly well. My biggest issue lately is fighting the urge to sleep flat on my back.
What I miss: Not to sound redundant but back sleeping. Other than that, not too much.
Cravings: I am still not craving too much. Lately I have wanted more sweet things.
Symptoms: Heartburn is in full swing. I don't go anywhere without my Tums. My nose has gotten really stuffy over the last week and is causing me some issues. I am also starting to get more tired.
Best Moment this week: Getting to hear her heartbeat via doppler! It's so cool when the baby gets bigger because there's no searching for the heartbeat when the doc puts the device on your belly. She's big enough now that the heartbeat comes up immediately - I love that! Her heartbeat was in the upper 140's.

The last week has been a whirlwind and the reason that this post is 4 days late. Last week we spent cleaning out baby girls closet and getting ready for a garage sale. My parents neighborhood held a community wide garage sale and they were gracious enough to participate and let us and a couple other families participate in the sale. The timing was perfect for us because we found lots of things we didn't want anymore as we were cleaning out. The garage sale was a huge success and now this week we are going to be figuring out what to do with everything that didn't sell, painting sisters room, and then going to pick up her furniture and putting that together. I got the call Friday that her furniture is in. Yay! It's hard to believe that we're at this part of the pregnancy and starting to really prepare for her to be here in just 3 months!

0 comments: