Thursday, April 21, 2011

18 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 18 Weeks
Size of baby: About 5.6 inches - the size of a sweet potato - and weighs around 6.7 oz
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 4 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing mostly maternity at this point. My
pants/shorts/skirts are all maternity and most of my shirts/dresses are too. I feel like my bump has really grown the last couple of weeks.
Gender: We will find out on May 2nd (@ 19 weeks, 5 days). Only 12 days to go!! I am so excited to know who/what this sweet little one is. Cayden is constantly saying "baby tummy" and patting my stomach - it warms my heart! Eager to start calling this baby by name.
Movement: Feeling random small movements pretty much daily. Excited for them to get stronger and more frequent!
Sleep: I'm so tired that I sleep pretty well. I am struggling with sleeping on my back and
tummy. I am a big tummy sleeper -- got a pregnancy wedge last week and that is helping some. As soon as I get comfortable, I have to get up to pee; Ha - the joys of pregnancy!
What I miss: Other than the aforementioned sleeping situation, I don't miss too much right now.
Cravings: Still not craving much. I remember being really hungry with Cayden, but with this pregnancy, I have yet to reach the starving-all-the-time stage. And I have to eat small meals because I feel AWFUL ROTTEN if I eat too much. I have trouble figuring out what to eat for lunch everyday because nothing really sounds good to me.
Symptoms: I am a lot more achy with this pregnancy. I didn't notice any aches or pains until the end with my first, but this go around I am already having random back pains and lots
of achiness through my mid section. I still have my doubts if what I am experiencing is round ligament pain, but whatever it is - not what I consider a fun time.
Best Moment this week: Cayden has been SO sweet the past couple days and I am enjoying those moments because with a 2 yr old, who knows how long they'll last!

As you can tell from the above picture, I chopped my hair off. They say you shouldn't make any rash hair decisions when you're pregnant but I just got fed up with my long hair. It had gotten SO long - about half a foot was cut off! Although my stylist cut it about an inch shorter than I wanted it, I like it and am enjoying my summer 'do! We are gearing up for Easter around here and are so excited to celebrate our risen King this weekend!

0 comments: