Thursday, April 7, 2011

16 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16 Weeks
Size of baby: About 4.6 inches - the size of an avocado - and weighs around 3.5 oz
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 2 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Some maternity, some not. Most of my pants are maternity because they're just more comfortable. Shirts/dresses are a mix of small maternity and regular.
Gender: We will find out on May 2nd (@ 19 weeks, 5 days)!
Movement: I have felt quite a few little flutters over the last few days. So exciting!
Sleep: I'm so tired that I sleep pretty well. If it wasn't for having to get up and pee multiple times in the night, I would sleep great!
What I miss: Having consistent energy. And I'm starting to get to that part of pregnancy where it's not comfortable to sleep on my stomach and I'm starting to miss that. I'm doing this modified leg hike move and that is sort of working for now. And I would LOVE a corn dog.
Cravings: I am starting to get my appetite back - thankfully. Not really been craving much but I'm sure it's coming. This doesn't count as a crazing but we had Benbrook Grill for dinner last night and the fried zucchini that I had tasted sooo good. Might have to be having that again soon!
Symptoms: I've had a bit of a set back this week. Had to run to the bathroom a few times thanks to my friend morning sickness and have been feeling tired. Also had my first emotional hormonal breakdown yesterday. My poor face is still getting in on the pregnancy action by breaking out like a 13 year old. I also recently started having what my doctor thinks is round ligament pain. I never experienced it with my 1st pregnancy so I wasn't sure what it was. Fun times.
Best Moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat via doppler today. It makes all the icky feelings over the last week so worth it! The doctor had a hard time finding it today and it totally freaked me out until she did. She eventually did and said that the delay was because the baby was moving around like crazy. The doppler was making weird noises and she said that noise was the baby kicking. I couldn't feel the kicking right then but how cool! Pregnancy is such a miracle.

The doctor answered all my questions today and cleared me for vacation in several weeks. Everything is going great and I'm so thankful for this precious baby!

1 comments:

The Jungs said...

I had crazy ligament pain with Carter that I didn't have with Riley. My hip joints hurt like I was 100 years old. It was wild, but luckily it went away after I gave birth. Good luck!