Thursday, March 24, 2011

14 Weeks


I'm 14 weeks pregnant!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 14 Weeks
Size of baby: About 3.4 inches - the size of a lemon - and weighs around 1.5 oz
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained 1 lb
Maternity Clothes: I pulled out a pair of secret fit belly maternity pants today and I am SO glad that I did! Forgot how comfy these suckers are! I am starting to wear certain maternity shirts too. I am still wearing some regular shirts but a lot of them just make me look fat - it seems like maternity shirts are more flattering for a baby belly. They make me feel less fat anyway!
Gender: We will find out in 5-6 more weeks!
Movement: I know I've felt the baby a couple times over the last few days. I didn't feel Cayden until about 18 weeks so it seems really early to me but maybe since I know what it feels like this time I am able to recognize it sooner? I have felt the baby a couple of nights this week - an hour or two after dinner when I am laying in bed. It has felt like a small amount of pressure leaning into my belly button.
Sleep: I'm so tired that I sleep pretty well. If it wasn't for having to get up and pee multiple times in the night, I would sleep great!
What I miss: Feeling good and having energy. And I'm starting to get to that part of pregnancy where it's not comfortable to sleep on my stomach and I'm starting to miss that. I'm doing this modified leg hike move and that is working for now.
Cravings: Not too much this week. Still in the nothing-sounds-good to me stage.
Symptoms: I think I'm slowly feeling better. I ate some leftovers from Olive Garden on Monday for lunch and it had me running to the bathroom. Baby doesn't like Toscana soup, I guess! I haven't felt as good this week as I was hoping but surely it'll be gone soon. Still feel like I need a nap every afternoon. And I think it's just allergies but I have been getting a headache every afternoon that lasts until bedtime. That's spring in Texas for you!
Best Moment this week: Hands down - feeling the baby. So excited for the movements to get stronger and frequent! We moved Cayden to a toddler bed and he has done SO well. So proud of him for that!

I still get confused about when the 2nd trimester actually starts. Some things say 13 weeks, some say 14, and I even have friends that think it's 12. I'm too nice to correct them but I know 12 isn't right. But, regardless of your thoughts on the matter, 14 weeks means I am there my friends. And I could not be more happy about it! SURELY, I will be feeling a lot better in the next week. I get frustrated because I want to be doing all these things and I don't have the energy for it most of the time. The weather is gorgeous - I want to be able to play outside with my nature-loving-Cayden everyday, take him to the park and enjoy it before the temps are in the 100's and we lock ourselves in the air conditioning for a majority of the summer. My house needs a deep cleaning desperately. My closet needs to be reorganized. I'm pretty sure that Collin isn't loving all the maternity clothes cramped into our already pretty packed closet, creating even less space for him. I need to purge. I also really want to paint a few more rooms in my house that have white walls still. Ahhhh, I digress. Hopefully soon I'll feel good enough to actually mark some of those things off the list.

This has been a big week as far as baby's go. Our friends the Sparkman's welcomed their sweet daughter, Emerson Leigh, into the world on Sunday night. She weighed just over 8 lbs and I couldn't believe she was that big because Michele, her mama, did not look like she was carrying an 8 lb baby! Cayden was 8.3 and I was HUGE! Curt and Michele didn't find out what they were having and I think they kind of thought it would be a boy. I am so excited for them that it's a girl! They have a little boy who's about to turn 3. I think it's so neat for family's to have one of each. I also think it's a cool idea to not find out what you're having. The control freak in me would have a really hard time not finding out if I didn't already have one of each gender. That's kind of what I hope for this pregnancy - that it's a girl and then if we decide to have another we could wait to find out the gender. We'll just see what the good Lord has in store for us!

My former boss and his wife welcomed triplets on Monday morning. They were told all were girls and were shocked that Baby B turned out to be a boy! They had been told during the pregnancy that Baby B had very little amniotic fluid around "her" and that it could signal a potential problem with the kidneys, which could lead to breathing problems after birth. The triplets were born seemingly healthy - Baby B, whom they named Micah, was born breathing on his own. His condition soon worsened and he went to be with the Lord on Tuesday morning. I have been so heartbroken over this. I cannot imagine the roller coaster of emotions that this family is on. The girls, McKenna and McKayla, are still in the NICU where they will stay for a while but they are doing well. Please lift up the Motes family including their 6 year old daughter Madison as they grieve, recover, and care for these tiny newborns. And count your blessings that you have healthy kids!

0 comments: