Thursday, March 17, 2011

13 weeks


I'm 13 weeks pregnant!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 13 Weeks
Size of baby: About 2.9 inches - the size of a peach - and weighs around .81 oz
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained maybe 1/2 lb at most
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity pants (not the secret fit belly ones but the stretchy waisted ones) but everything else is pretty much still my regular clothes.
Gender: We will find out in 6-7 more weeks!
Movement: I've felt a little random popping down pretty low over the last week. I keep telling myself it's too early to feel the baby - surely it's just something else. I'm looking forward to feeling more distinctive movement in about a month!
Sleep: I'm so tired that I sleep pretty well. If it wasn't for having to get up and pee multiple times in the night, I would sleep great!
What I miss: Feeling good and having energy. And I'm starting to get to that part of pregnancy where it's not comfortable to sleep on my stomach and I'm starting to miss that.
Cravings: Over the last week I started craving watermelon lime slushes from Sonic. So good!
Symptoms: I think I'm slowly feeling better. If I let myself get hungry or if I overeat, I get sick to my stomach so I'm trying to just eat a little bit every hour. Still feel like I need a nap every afternoon.
Best Moment this week: Happy to be in the second trimester and getting to the honeymoon phase of pregnancy. I plan to enjoy it thoroughly!
I get confused about when the 2nd trimester actually starts - I have heard 13 and 14 weeks. I have a pregnancy app on my iPhone that says 13 weeks so I am going with it! We have eaten at two swanky steakhouses in the last week and I have eaten way too much rich food. I got nauseas afterwards both times so I am really trying to be careful what I eat. The weather is GORGEOUS here so I am looking forward to grilling out in the near future! My picture this week makes me look so big already! We took the picture right after eating dinner and dessert - I don't think I'm that big all the time...at least not yet!

0 comments: