Thursday, March 10, 2011

12 Weeks


I'm 12 weeks pregnant!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 12 Weeks
Size of baby: About 2.1 inches - the size of a plum - and weighs around .49 oz
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0 lbs - Weight has stayed the same
Maternity Clothes: I recently started wearing maternity pants (not the secret fit belly ones but just stretchy waisted ones) but everything else is regular. You definitely start showing sooner the second time around!
Gender: So excited to find out - just 2 more months!
Movement: None yet but I'm anxious to feel it - totally my favorite part of pregnancy!
Sleep: I'm so tired that I sleep pretty well. If it wasn't for having to get up and pee multiple times in the night, I would sleep great!
What I miss: Feeling good and having energy. I would also LOVE to have a corn dog from the fair.
Cravings: Nothing really. I haven't had much of an appetite - nothing sounds good. The only things I have wanted on a somewhat regular basis are some form of potatoes (baked potatoes, potato soup) or grapefruit.
Symptoms: I have been fairly queasy since week 6 but it seems to be tapering off - yay! I feel like I need a nap every afternoon but am hoping to get some of my energy back soon.
Best Moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat via doppler at my doctor's appointment.

I am very happy to be approaching the second trimester and am looking forward to feeling good again. I remember my mother-in-law saying that when she was pregnant with Collin, she just felt awful. Before she knew she was pregnant, she went to the doctor and told him that she knew she must be dying and just to tell her how much time she had. Ha! I have definitely felt yuckier this go around than I did with my first and am ready for higher energy levels and a calmer tummy! At the doctor today, I was told that I am measuring 14 weeks instead of 12. Lovely! The doc said it's just because it's a second baby and that the weeks usually don't line up until you hit the 20 week mark. But still...I cannot help but wonder if I'll have another 8 lb baby. That didn't go so well for me last time so I am hoping not quite that big!

0 comments: