Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cayden's 2nd Birthday - a hoooooting good time!

It's hard for me to believe that my baby is 2! I decided that since this is probably the last year that Cayd won't have an opinion about his party theme, I kept it sweet. He has the next several years to have super hero's, dinosaurs, and pirates! We did a "Look whoooo's turning 2!" theme and it turned out really cute.

I found an invitation that I loved and then based the colors and everything around that.

The owl cake pops that I made

Didn't the cake turn out so cute?!? The talented Shelley Clayton made it for us. I just sent her his invitation and she did a great job. You can get a glimpse of the invitation to the left.

I tried a new sugar cookie recipe and it was not good at all. The icing was gross, too. Moral of the story: Don't try a new recipe for your child's birthday party!!! What was I thinking?!?

Chocolate chip cookie cupcakes - not sure why we didn't get more pictures of the food because there was lots more. And not everything was sweet!

Cayden and his cute cousin Eden

My mom with baby Jillian

Busy playing

Gift time. I love that backpack. I am planning on him going to "school" two days a week next year so this backpack will be perfect. I'm hoping that I can convince him to start wearing it to church so that we can eliminate the need for a diaper bag. We'll see how that goes!

His favorite thing about opening gifts was probably this singing Mickey Mouse card!

This was daddy's favorite thing =)

I ordered his shirt from a girl on etsy that I order from all the time and it turned out really cute. It matched the theme perfectly.

He was much more interested in the cake this year than he was last year!

Cayden had a great time and by the end of the party, we were all pooped. Thanks to everyone who came and helped celebrate our sweet boys second year. You are so special to us!

Happy 2nd Birthday, Cayden! We love you SO big!

3 comments:

Annie said...

This is so, so, so sweet! So beautiful birthday!

Happy birthday from me, too!

Jean said...

Your family is so cute! I have been looking at other blogs and am encouraged to see another one that is Faith filled : )

Liou said...

muy bonita familia