Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's been lookin' a lot like Christmas...

I would title this post, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas", but seeing as it's less than a week away, I think this title is more appropriate. Ha! I was really excited to decorate this year because Cayden is at such a fun age.

I got this sign at Chi Omega Christmas Market this year and I just love it!

I was also excited because I redid our tree to be more kid-friendly this year. Before, our tree was all gold and burgundy with poinsettas and while it was pretty, it wasn't much "fun". So, our tree is now full of red, lime green, white, and Christmas green. I collected things gradually over the year and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!

I got these Jesus is the Reason for the Season ornaments from Cracker Barrell and I just adore them so much!

This Happy Birthday Jesus ornament came from Chi Omega Christmas Market and it just might be my favorite ornament on our tree.

Our family ornament this year.

Our sweet friend Theresa gave us this ornament last year because Cayden was Raggedy Andy for Halloween. I LOVE it - such a sweet reminder of that special memory of his first dress up day.

These are some of Cayden's first Christmas ornaments - he has three or four of them.


This is one of Cayden's ornaments from this year - I also found it at Chi Omega Christmas Market.

I had them write his name and the year on it.


I made these ornaments a few months ago. I painted our names on with paint pens. I made one for all of us but sadly, Cayden's broke last week. And it wasn't his fault! He's actually done really well and hasn't broken any ornaments.

Part of the reason that I think he has done so well with the tree is that there are ornaments on it that he knows are "his". There are these little pillows that are soft and cannot be broken along with several other types of ornaments that he can take off the tree and play with. It makes it easier to teach him that there are some ornaments that are off limits if he has some that he can play with!


I love this picture of Cayd that my sweet friend Stephanie took last year. His eyes are SO blue!

A picture on our mantle

Our stockings that my mom made. Mine she made me when I was little, Collin's she made him while we were engaged, and Cayden's she made while I was pregnant with him. I love them so much and will treasure them always.

Collin calls this his tacky Christmas sweater but I think it's sweet! It would be tacky if he were our age and wearing it, but for a 1 year old, I think it's adorable. I don't have too much longer to be able to dress him like this!


The advent calendar that I made that counts down the days until Christmas. Can hardly believe it's only 6 days!

I got this tree on sale at Cracker Barrell this year and Cayden loves it! It lights up and dances while singing Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. He smiles, gets excited, and dances everytime we turn it on. Cracks us up!

Some stuffed gingerbread people on top of the armoire in the playroom.

I saw someone selling these frames at the Chi Omega Christmas Market this year. I fell in love with them but they were a ridiculous price. I came home and made this one for about $5. It's not as cute as the ones I saw, but it was a whole lot cheaper and I think it turned out kind of cute. That reindeer I found at the Peddler show in Arlington.

This is a side table in our family room but I'm including it because this is where we keep Cayden's nativity and where we gather as a family to do advent.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year and I have loved having a more kid friendly looking home this season. Since I basically started over with all my decorating, I'm excited to expand on it and maybe get some cute stuff after the holiday's on sale!

0 comments: