Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Flintstones, Meet the Flintstones

Halloween Weekend 2010


I interrupt this weeks blog catch up to show you some of the cutest trick-or-treaters that have ever begged for candy.

Friday night we attended the second annual Poor Family Halloween Party. There was lots of good eats (including some caramel & chocolate covered apples that were ah-mazing...I will be attempting these sometime this month), cute kids, and even a Mickey Mouse bounce house. A fun time was had by all!

Cayden was being Bamm Bamm...

Cayden and adorable Maddie. She was one of three ladybugs at the party - apparently that was the costume of choice this year! They were all precious.

Long gone are the days of posing for pictures - so most of my pictures are just of the kiddos running around.

Jumping with mommy in the bounce house.

Like those baby legs?! Ha! It was kind of cold and I didn't have anything to go with the costume so we improvised!

Jumping with daddy. It was Cayden's first time in a bounce house and he wasn't too sure what to think about it. Thankfully, his daddy makes everything more fun.

Pebbles and Bamm Bamm. I ordered their costumes from a lady on etsy for a good price and then I didn't have to worry about making anything!

Ladybug Rylie showing Bamm Bamm the night light in her hallway. He was totally intrigued.

We had a party to attend on Saturday night but with allergies as bad as they've been lately, we ended up just spending a nice evening at home. Collin and I rented Shutter Island and I actually liked it. Totally not at all what I expected. I am not a scary movie person and I felt like the previews depicted it as a horror movie but it's really not.

So, fast forward to Sunday. We drove out to my parents house around 5:00 that afternoon/evening.

Took some pics of the grandparents with Bamm Bamm.

A cake that my parents made. How cute are they?! They seemed like they really had fun making it together - sweet! They also made us take it home with us and I'm ashamed to say that I've had more of it than I should. I need to send it to work with Collin.

Ignore my ridiculous expression. This is the only one that I got of the four of us looking in the same general area.

My parents live in an awesome secluded neighborhood where everyone has a little land and every Halloween a certain family in the development does dinner at their house and then a hayride around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat for the kiddos. We went for a bit and had a great time. Everyone was SUPER friendly and the kids had a blast.

Cayden's favorite part was spotting this adorable puppy.

He spent the rest of the time we were there chasing the dog around and barking after him. The boy LOVES puppies.

See that smile. Oh gracious. It gets me everytime.

The Simpson's on the hayride

Ignore the weird sun shadow across my face.

They had no idea what they were doing but it didn't take long to figure it out!

After we left my parents neighborhood, we headed over to Clint's parents house so they could see the kids. We did this last year and it was neat to compare how much they'd changed in a years time.

And of course they got more candy.

Cayden and Maylee both ate a sucker for the first time in their short lives while at the Simpson's house and man oh man...they LOVED it! Cayden kept sucking on it and then he would take it out of his mouth and say, "Mmmm, tha's goooo!"


Checking out their loot - they both hit the jackpot!

After we left Clint's parents, we made a few other stops to trick-or-treat at people's houses and then we headed to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Thankfully Cayden was on such a sugar high that he stayed awake until we got home and we were able to put him down easily. Then, Collin and I raided his candy! All in all, it was a fun dress-up, candy filled weekend!

I will try to finish catching the blog up the rest of this week but we're having kind of a rough time at the Day house. Cayden came down with fever Monday afternoon and has had pretty high fever since. We are all running on very little sleep so if the blog is neglected, at least I warned you first :)

0 comments: