Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stop what you're doing and go make this...

I am not even kidding. I have a recipe that will knock your socks off. I promise that a post of substance is coming but I would be doing a serious inservice to the 3 people that read this blog if I didn't share this recipe. I bake at least one sweet treat per week and this week it was chocolate sheet cake (but in cupcake form) with the best icing I've ever had in my life. Seriously. And I've eaten a lot of icing in my days. This icing is light and fluffy and not the least bit ooey-gooey powdered sugary tasting. I imagine it would be good on just about anything although my favorite way to eat it right now is off my finger :) Collin and I both took the chocolate sheet cake cupcakes with this icing on it to Bible study last night and we each had kids (I call them kids, they're in college. I'm getting old!) lick the icing off the top of the cupcakes like they'd never eaten anything before in their life. I'll stop hyping it up just in case you're crazy and don't like it as much as I think you will, but you should seriously make this icing to go atop something magical soon. You will not regret it.


The Best Frosting I've Ever Had
-Pour 5 T of flour into 1 cup of milk. I used whole milk because it's full of fat and let's face it, it just tastes better.
-Whisk together until combined and put it in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk as it heats up and thickens and stop once the mixture is very thick. Let the mixture cool completely.
-Once mixture is cool, add 1 t vanilla.
-In a bowl, mix 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of butter. Whip it around until it’s light and fluffy, scraping the bowl once or twice to make sure it’s all mixed well.
-Add the cooled flour/milk/vanilla mixture.
-Whip the mixture on medium-high speed until the mixture resembles whipped cream. I did mine for almost a minute of pretty hard beating and it was done.

*Warning: This is not pretty icing so don't expect it to look beautiful on your baked goods. But it sure is tasty!

1 comments:

Shop With said...

I invite you to set up a FREE on-line shopping mall just in time for the holidays! You can name your site and have people shop at nationally known stores and earn 30% of the commissions paid to the company! Be in partnership with over 800 stores. Click on the link below to set up your business. www.zamzuufreeagent.com/881266 Make $$ as a Zamzuu Free Agent. No cost. Not now, not EVER!