Sunday, October 17, 2010

Finished Fireplace and a Ladies Man


They finished the fireplace Friday afternoon! Pay no attention to the decorations - I just threw some things up there in my excitement of having a mantle in the family room to decorate! I'll be working more on that this week. But for now, I am thrilled that the fireplace is finished and we are busy getting our house back together. That's pretty much been our weekend - except for a brief but fun excursion to the Dallas Arboretum yesterday which I'll post about sometime soon. The fireplace is not exactly what I had envisioned but I love it! And sorry about the poor quality picture - I took it with my iPhone. My dad is coming over tomorrow to finish the wiring and then it should be completely done. Yay!


Before I close, I have to tell a funny story. Collin went to pick up Cayden from the nursery today and was told by the teacher that Cayden is "quite the ladies man". Apparently, the girls in the class "were all over him today - touching his shirt and pointing at him". Hahahaha! I have been laughing about that all day! And, I should mention that Cayden had the best day yet in the nursery this morning. He didn't cry at drop off (a first ever for him), played great the whole time (prob because he had a bunch of cute girls flirting with him - ha!), and was happy as a clam at pick up. I think we've finally turned a corner. Collin dropped him off and picked him up today and I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it. We'll see next week because I'll be the one doing both since Collin will be out of town. Hopefully this newfound love of the nursery will stick :)

2 comments:

Amy G said...

What a cool project, it looks great! I'm sure him being better at drop off and pick up has to do with whom he feels the water works will work better on which is normally mamma. Linc use to do that all the time to Craig and I.

The Vann's said...

beautiful!!! it looks great, Kristin! we will have to make another trip up to see you guys. we should make an annual spring trip to see u!