Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Friday Pizza Nights


We started a new tradition in the Day household a couple months ago. On Friday nights where we don't have any plans on commitments, we are making our own pizza pies! I hope that as Cayden gets older and we add to our family that it will become a pizza/game/movie night where we can eat pizza and then play a board game or make a big pallet on the floor and watch a movie as a family. But right now, it's just a pizza night with some time spent playing with Cayden afterwards. Usually chase or wrestling which he enjoys very much :)

I buy the already made crusts from the bakery at Central Market and oh mylanta...they're SO good. I could literally just eat the bread. The only kind I've made is pepperoni. I intend on trying some different things but just haven't yet. I watched the way they make the pizzas at Grimaldi's in New York (while I was waiting in line for the bathroom for like 15 minutes!) so I try to copy them the best I can. I brush a little evoo on the crust, slice fresh mozzarella cheese and place it all over, add just a touch of pizza sauce, and top with pepperoni's. It is soooo good. You will never order takeout again! And it's cheaper too :) Bake it at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Yum.

We have plans this Friday night so we're having it tonight and the smell from my oven is making my mouth water!! As you can tell from the below picture, it is 100% Cayden approved! You cannot tell in the photo, but he had pizza all over his face!

1 comments:

Amy G said...

Yum, that looks so good. I am going to have to try it for sure!