Friday, May 7, 2010

Can I have a do-over for the first week of May? PLEASE!

I do not think I've ever been so happy for the weekend to come. Since I try to use this blog as a type of online journal for me, I wanted to quickly document what's been going on, although I'm sure we'll ever forget it. We got home last Sunday night from a nice few days spent with Collin's family in New Braunfels. I felt a little funny that night but thought it was my acid reflux acting up and tried to go to bed. I could never fall asleep and at about 10:30 PM, I started vomiting. And a couple of hours later, the other started. You know what other I'm talking about. Ick. Collin got sick at around midnight and we were both sick as dogs well into the morning. After about 3:00 AM, I was able to keep my vomiting at bay if I laid really still in bed. Poor Collin couldn't and he had a really rough time. I have never been so worried about him. He says he's never been so sick in his life. It was sheer misery. We had to call my parents to come get Cayden, who thankfully was acting normal but had woken up, in the middle of the night. We were convinced that it was food poisoning and I had already swarn off Cracker Barrel (where we ate lunch) in my mind. About 7:00 AM, I called Clint to come get us and take us to the doctor. After shots of phenregen and three rX each, we were back home. Clint called in the meds, went and got them, made sure we took them on time, brought us drinks, got us wet rags for our heads, fluffed our pillows, got us blankets, you name it he did it. He even picked up the house for me. He spent all day Monday at our house, spent the night in our guest room, and spent half of Tuesday. Now THAT is a friend. And I cannot leave out his sweet wife and my most precious Larissa. She came over Monday night to bring Clint food and picked up some more of Cayden's things and drove them out to my parents house. Not to mention sacrificing being a single parent Monday night while she let us borrow her hubby. We are blessed beyond measure by the selfless family and friends that the Lord has blessed us with. My parents are amazing and we couldn't ask for better friends than the Simpson's. Anyway- back to my story. Among the zillion things that Clint was doing during his stay at our house, he was also holding onto our cell phones fielding all calls. He informed us Monday evening, once we emerged from our room, that Cayden indeed had been throwing up along with most of Collin's immediate family. Cayden seemed to have a minor case and my mom said he was doing much better that evening. My heart still ached that I wasn't with him when he was sick. Collin's parents and brother were at the ER in Houston and his pregnant with twins sister was in the hospital (babies were/are fine, praise Jesus). So, we then figured out it was probably a virus. The rest of the week is still a blurr. At one point we drove over to my parents house in the middle of the night to pick up Cayden because my dad came down with the virus and my mom was taking him to the ER. I feel terrible for the people that we exposed but we've been praying hard that my mom and the Simpson's won't get it. So far, they're fine - thank the good Lord. So, that has been our fun week. Collin has gone to work the past three days and is almost back to normal. I am still really weak. Not sure why it's taking me so long to recover from this but I'm feeling very wiped out. I'm eating and drinking lots and I don't hurt anywhere (except for the minor cold that I got during all the vomiting fun - when it rains it pours...what can i say) but my body feels extremely heavy and I have no energy. I have some iron supplements left over from my pregnancy with Cayden and I think I'm going to start taking them. So, there you go. It's been a week to remember...

0 comments: