Saturday, January 2, 2010

December in review

Since I have been seriously neglecting blogging, I thought I would post a little update about the last couple of weeks and then hopefully keep this blog somewhat up-to-date with current happenings around the Day household.

December seemed to fly by and my sweet Cayden's first Christmas went almost as fast as it came. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday, but I really enjoyed it this year. One reason is because last year I looked like this:


And was miserable... I loved being pregnant, don't get me wrong. But this year I could eat whatever I want and not get heartburn, go shopping without ankles the size of cantaloupes, and most-of-all, I got to enjoy this little cutie:


We celebrated here with my family the weekend before Christmas. I didn't take a lot of pictures those couple of days and I'm kicking myself for that. We left Tuesday, December 22nd, for Houston as it was our year to be in Houston for Christmas. We enjoyed seeing friends that we don't get to see much and loved spending time with family. Cayden got to spend some time with his cousin Eden (who is 20 months) and they were so cute running around together! Well, she runs, he still crawls... I'd love to tell you that he enjoyed opening his gifts but honestly, he didn't care much. He showed no interest in unwrapping the presents but wanted to play with everything else - tissue paper, ribbon, wrapping paper, the box it came in, etc. He did enjoy the gifts, though. He got so many toys! Everything he got seems to light up or make noise...most do both - our house is very noisy these days! Such is life with little boys, though, so I might as well get used to it :)

Cayden at his G.G. and Papa's house on Christmas Eve

I had one of my proudest moments as a mommy at the Christmas Eve service. Right after we sang Silent Night and it was completely quiet, Cayden let out a very loud (and very long, I might add) fart. I wanted to crawl under my chair. At least it was dark...

Cutest little reindeer ever!

Cousin Eden opening gifts with G.G.


Playing with Aunt Carissa


One of his new puppies, Scout


Cayden got a wagon (which used to be his daddy's)


Papa took Cayden and Eden on a ride, although Eden wasn't really lovin' the wagon so this didn't last long

Cayden, however, LOVED it...

Eating sweet potato casserole


Snuggling with daddy on Christmas night

One of the most wonderful gifts we were given this year is the news that we get to be aunt and uncle again...to TWINS! Collin's sister, Carissa, and her husband, Nick, recently learned that they are pregnant with twins! We are THRILLED about this news (and are still recuperating from the shock!). The babies are due August 10th but I'm sure they'll come in July sometime. Carissa & Nick are very excited and I know they would appreciate your prayers in dealing with all these precious new additions will bring. Twins do not run in either side of the family so this is a shock to say the least.

A couple of days after we got home, Cayden got to enjoy snow for the 2nd time in December (the 3rd time in December for the DFW area but we missed the Christmas Eve snow). He wasn't too sure what to think and stared out the window at it. It snowed for several hours and was a nice excuse to stay home.


We went to a pajama party on New Years Eve with friends and had a fun time. My parents came and picked Cayd up and he went home with them and went to bed. I missed him being there to ring in the new year but it worked out much better this way.



Now that we're in the New Year, I am busy getting ready for my little man's birthday party. I cannot believe that he's about to be 1. I am cherishing these last days in his first year of life. I didn't think I would be overly emotional about this birthday but to be honest, it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to keep it together. To think that he's about to be classified as a toddler and not as a baby brings tears to my eyes. It's such a bittersweet thing to watch your child grow up. On one hand, I am so thankful that he's developing normally and doing new things. His precious little personality is coming out more and more and I find myself falling in love with the little person that he is becoming. I love to see the things that he gets excited about and I love experiencing all of his firsts. But at the same time, my sweet little baby is not to little anymore. Our cuddle time is less, he has long outgrown his precious little boy clothes, he's growing up. It's a wonderful thing but it makes me a little sad. All too soon he will be a man - heading off to college, getting married, having babies of his own. You might think I'm crazy for thinking that about my child who's about to turn 1 but if the following years pass as quickly as his first, I'll be there before I know it. He has brought such amazing joy to my life.

Well, I have finally loaded all of our Christmas pictures onto my walgreens account, which is what I logged on to the computer for in the first place!, so, I'm off to bed. That pretty much catches you up on our life over the last couple of weeks. Hope you enjoyed celebrating the birth of our Savior with the people that you love and are excited to see what the Lord will do in your life in 2010!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Love all the pictures! Glad y'all had a good Christmas.

and TWINS!!! WOW! That is exciting! I just found out that a friend of mine is having twins, too!