Saturday, May 2, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

It was a Friday. I woke up early to spend some time in prayer and to read my precious Beth Moore daily devotional before getting ready for work. As I prayed, the question loomed in the back of my mind..."should I test?" We were hoping to get pregnant and I didn't want to be disappointed if the test was negative, but I was "late" and had been for a couple of days. After praying about it, I impulsively went into the bathroom where I did what you have to do to find out if you're pregnant. Then, I waited. I was too nervous to even look at it while I waited for the two minutes to pass. I kept telling myself that it would be negative, trying to protect myself from the sadness that I was "sure" that I was about to feel. I reluctantly pick up the pregnancy test and, stomach in knots, take a glance. I couldn't believe what I saw. Two beautiful pink lines. Very definitely two lines. I sat in shock. My hands were shaking. I took another test, a different brand. Very definitely two lines, even darker than the first test. I immediately started crying and thanking Jesus for this beautiful gift. I could hardly wait to tell Collin. I had imagined what telling Collin would be like when the time finally came. All of the witty things that I had imagined went out the window and with much enthusiasm, I threw open the bathroom door and with a shaky voice, I said, "Baby!" He sat up immediately, thinking something was wrong because it was 6:30 AM, and his eyes got big when he saw the look on my face. I blurted out something along the lines of, "We're pregnant...we're going to have a baby!" He started crying with me and we hugged and spent some precious time in prayer, giving thanks for our unborn child and asking for a healthy baby and uncomplicated pregnancy. It was a morning that I will remember forever.

In some ways this last year has flown by. I look at my beautiful, healthy, happy, almost 4 month old and I am blown away at God's goodness. I love being a mom even more than I thought I would. Cayden brings so much joy to my life and I am so thankful that I get to be his mommy!

1 comments:

Larissa said...

This is so sweet, it made me tear up. God is SO GOOD!
I still cant believe you saw me the very next day and didnt spill the beans! I should have know thou after all those bathroom breaks,hehe!

Love you Days!