Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ace, the Nurse Maid

We were worried about how Ace was going to do with Cayden around. Up to this point, he's been unsure of what to think about the baby. He will sniff him occasionally and he likes to watch him get bathed but for the most part, he keeps his distance. Well, I've been noticing him lately becoming more protective of Cayden. Well, yesterday he did the sweetest thing! I put Cayden in his swing and went to jump in the shower. Usually when I do that, Cayden swings contently until he falls asleep. As I'm in the shower, Ace comes in the bathroom and lets out the loudest cat scream that I've ever heard. It startled me so much that I literally jumped! I peeked my head out of the shower to see him starring at me wide eyed from the top of the toilet. I go back to showering, thinking about how weird that was, and a few minutes later, he does it again. This time even louder and twice in a row. I immediately get worried that something's wrong with Cayden so I jump out of the shower and run to check on him. Sure enough, Cayden is screaming his head off and Ace is right underneath the swing, walking back and forth and meowing. Ace had been going back and forth from the bathroom to Cayden trying to warn me that something was wrong! Of course, nothing was really wrong. Cayden just wanted to be held - I picked him up and comforted him and he was fine. But still... It totally made me think about the dog from Peter Pan who is the nanny/nurse maid. Ace, the nurse maid. Ha!

3 comments:

fransmomma said...

this is great. my cat did the same kind of stuff when colby was a baby. when we brought him home from the hospital she immediately started sleeping under his crib at night, like she was 'guarding' him or something.

Larissa said...

Aww....

who knew Ace was secretly loving on Cayden this whole time! Too Cute!

Honea Household said...

Aww, how sweet. I love that story.