Monday, March 9, 2009

2 Months

My precious boy is 2 months old...it's hard to believe! He had his 2 month check up and shots this morning. I was totally dreading it, but thankfully we have a great pediatrician that made it as painless as possible and put my mind at ease (I was nervous about the shots). Our little boy weighed 12 lbs., 7 oz!!! He is in the 75th percentile for weight! He is also 24 inches long! Our 2 month old is 2 feet long - crazy! He's in the 90th percentile for height! And apparently his head isn't all that large because he was only in the 12th percentile for his head size. The nurse that did his shots was fast but it was really hard to watch. They give them 6 vaccines at 2 months - 5 shots and one oral vaccine. Cayden liked the oral vaccine - the nurse said it tasted like sugar water - but the shots were a different story. Cayden got 3 shots in one leg and 2 in another. He screamed and that precious bottom lip of his quivered and I stood there crying. It was awful! Thankfully, my mom was there and she helped a lot, but she was crying too! There's something so hard about watching your sweet little baby get 5 big needles in the legs. I think it made it worse too that he was all smiles and flirting with the nurse before she started sticking him. Poor thing! Here are his little legs with his Looney Toons band-aids.

He got 2 shots in the right leg and 3 shots in the left. Poor thing!

Excuse the blurry hands. He basically has to be asleep to get a still picture of him. The boy is active!

This picture has nothing to do with the shots, I just wanted you to see how cute these pants are!

Cayden has been a trooper today. I gave him some Tylenol when we got home and he's been sleepy and rather clingy. He wants to be near mommy a lot (we napped together earlier and now he's in the Baby Bjorn as I type this!). At least we don't have to go back to do that for another 2 months. And even then I don't think it's as many shots, thank goodness!

1 comments:

Honea Household said...

I hated going in for shots. It's so many at one time. Poor baby. I'd be crying, too, if they gave me 5 shots. :( I can't believe he's already so big and I haven't even seen him yet!!!! Miss you!