Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our first outing as a family of three!


This weekend has been our most fun since we brought our little bundle of joy home! Cayden is slowly getting his days and nights straight (although I think the full process is going to take a while!) so it's really helped me to feel somewhat human again over the last few days. Larissa's birthday is Tuesday and her party was Saturday night. We decided that we couldn't think of a better occasion for Cayden's first outing (other than to the doctor) than to celebrate his sweet Aunt Larissa's birthday, so we all three went. He did SO good. He slept virtually the entire time. We went to a restaurant first and we actually had to wake him to feed him since he was in such a deep sleep. We went back to someone's house to finish partying it up and he slept right through it. He woke up to feed once and other than that, he was a perfect little baby. He slept while everyone held him and through all of the noise. Collin and I were a little nervous getting him out so we were relieved that it went so well! He did so good that I'm going to attempt to run a couple of errands with him this week. I will say though that having a baby definitely changes everything. Long gone are the days of going somewhere on a whim. It literally took us about 4 hours to get everyone showered (or bathed if you're Cayden), dressed in clean clothes with no pee, poop, or spit up on them, car loaded and packed with everything we could possibly need, fed, and ready to go. It was an all day ordeal!

With the birthday girl and the babies!

As I type this, it's half time during the Super Bowl. If you know Collin well, you know that he is a big Steelers fan (which makes me a fan-by-marriage) so we are rooting for Pittsburgh in our house! Collin has loved snuggling up with Cayden on the couch to watch the game. I love that in this first picture below, Cade looks like he's actually watching the game! And notice his little football outfit in honor of the Super Bowl...he has a cheesy mom, what can I say?!?


Alright, I'm off to feed the boy and watch the Steelers win the Super Bowl!!

3 comments:

Honea Household said...

He's already grown so much!!! I can't believe it! Glad y'all had a good time and that all went smoothly. We were rooting for the Cardinals and got our hopes up near the end, but they were stolen once again. :(

It was so good to talk to you the other day. Love you

Stephanie said...

I am SO sad I missed seeing him!!!! I hope I get to see you guys and Cayden VERY soon and that everything is going great for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris, I keep looking at the blog for the latest on the day family. You look great and lil baby day is beautiful beyond words! I know things are crazy but I would really like to hear from you when you get a chance.

Kristin