Friday, February 20, 2009

Life Update

We've had a lot going on lately and I've done a poor job of updating our blog. I told myself when we moved far away from our Houston family that I would be better about updating things with us so I'm going to try to be better. I'll start by posting about the sweetest, most adorable member of the Day family. Cayden is growing like crazy! I moved him from newborn diapers into size 1's last week and he has just about officially outgrown all of his newborn clothes. They still fit him in the width but the boy takes after his parents and is very tall! I really think he's going to be taller than Collin someday. He's wearing 0-3 months now and I'm sure it won't be long until he's wearing 3 month clothes exclusively! He's been having some problems eating over the past couple of weeks. He will eat for a few minutes and then come off screaming. And he's a big spitter upper. He projectile vomited on Sunday night and I wasn't privileged to see it (thank goodness!) but Collin said it was like something out of a horror movie. I had a strong feeling that he has acid reflux and I took him to the pediatrician on Tuesday. Sure enough, that's what the doctor thinks it is. Poor thing, I'm sure that he gets it from me. The doctor put him on prevacid so we're seeing if that helps. I hate the idea of putting my 6 week old baby on medicine but he's obviously in pain so something needs to be done. We were a little concerned that with all the spitting up that Cayden might not be getting all the nourishment that he needs. It's impossible to know how much food a breastfed baby is getting anyway and it seems like he spits up a lot! But, Cayden was weighed at his appointment on Tuesday and tipped the scale at 10 lbs, 14 oz! He had a really big wet diaper at the time, but still...that's a solid 10.5 pounds! That puts him in the 75th percentile. So, needless to say, he's being plenty nourished. My normally sweet, content baby who only cried when he was hungry is gone and has been replaced with a baby who is fussy and wants to be held almost constantly! That has happened just this last week. We're hoping it's just the acid reflux and that it will get better soon. It's mostly at night that he's fussy and I hate that for Collin since he's at work all day and doesn't really get to see the sweet Cayden that smiles and coos during the day. His grunting is slowly becoming less and he's starting to make these precious coos and other funny noises. He sometimes does this one "Raaor" sound that is so sweet! We're taking a trip to Houston next weekend to see Collin's family and we're really excited about it. We're also really hoping that Cayden does good on the trip. 5 hours in the car with a 7 week old is sure to prove interesting! Here are some pictures of our little cutie!


As far as Collin and I go, we are doing great. Collin is still very happy at his job and doing well. I have adjusted to motherhood and less sleep and feel like every week gets easier. Both of my parents have been an AMAZING help with Cayden. We will miss them a lot when we move into our house. Which brings me to my next point...we have been hard-core looking for a house over the last month. When we first moved here, we thought we would find a house and get moved before Christmas and Cayden was born. As time drew nearer to that and it started looking like it wasn't going to happen, I got frustrated and sad. It was hard to bring a baby home to what wasn't really our home. My parents have been incredibly hospitable but still...it wasn't our house. But after Cayden's complicated delivery and my longer than expected recovery, it's easy to look back over the last couple of months and see God's plan lived out. It would have been so much harder if we weren't living with my parents. His plans are always better than anything that I can dream up. I'm so thankful that He's in control! So anyway, back to my point, we may have found a house! The process has turned out to be harder than we expected. Everything you hear these days is about how it's such a great time to buy a house. From what we've found, it seems like there aren't a lot of houses on the market that we like that are in our price range. It seems as if most people that don't have to sell right now don't want to because they know that they won't get full price on their house. We have found a few that we like but it's been pretty slim pickings. Thankfully we have found 1 that we love. We're going back to see it on Sunday and we're waiting on a copy of the sellers utility bill. If everything goes well, we could be putting in an offer next week. We're just hoping that the house isn't gone before then!

That's pretty much what's going on with us. We would love to hear what's new with you!

3 comments:

Honea Household said...

Yay! I'm so glad you may have found a house! That is so exciting! You've got to take some pictures, if so!

The pictures of Cade are SOOO cute! He is precious! I really cannot wait to meet him!

Kimberly said...

Emily had to take prevacid starting around 1 month as well. I expected it to decrease the spit up, but that did not happen. The doctor said it was mainly to help her not hurt as bad with her reflux. She did outgrow it, thankfully, around 7 months old. Hang in there! Let me know if you have any questions about it. :)

Glad to hear you are doing well. Good luck with the house!

Clint said...

First of all those pics of Cayden are awesome! That top pic is so peaceful looking. The next time I'm stressed I'm going lay my head on Collin's shoulder. Secondly, I'm praying like crazy for my lil' buddy (not Collin - I mean yes I pray for you but you're not my lil' buddy) that he gets to feeling better. Have you ever thought its because he doesn't get to see us as much as he might like? Because I've noticed I start to get a little fussy too when I haven't seen him in a while. I'm just sayin'. We love you guys! Happy house hunting!