Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Collin's on TV tonight!

Collin was stopped on his way to work this morning to give a sidewalk interview. He wrote a blog about it on the blog that he has with his Bible study. I would just post the link but the blog is set to private so I'm copying what he wrote. Also, any of the Focus Five guys if you happen to read this, I never read any of your posts or comments. Only some of the ones that Collin writes that he shares with me. Please don't think that anything you write is leaving the confines of the group!

Where I park for work is about 5 blocks from my office. So as I'm walking to work I get stopped by this lady who works for NBC5. The news stations are always doing interviews down here but I've never talked to them. I was kind of hoping not to get interviewed but then all of a sudden I knew - use TV as a platform! So, I decided that whatever the topic was that I would somehow turn it around to God. The topic was about how the government is launching this new $5 million campaign to encourage people to get married, because studies show that people who are married live longer and are healthier.

So the question was, "What's your opinion about it?". Well, I'm sure I stumbled over my words a bit but I said something along the lines of "I think people are trying to fill a void of lonliness in their lives and some people fill it with marriage, but I'm a Christian and I believe that God has to be in that marriage, the center of that marriage. I also think that instead of the government starting a campaign to get people to get married, they need to start a campaign to keep those that are married together so that we can get the divorce rate down in this country."

Whole point of this is that we need to always be ready. I went from being just a guy walking to work, to a guy that could literally be speaking to millions of people (indirectly, but still). I don't feel like I said everything right or that I will even be on the news tonight, but that lady and the camera guy heard what I had to say.

No matter when, we need to be ready!

1 Corinthians 14:7-9 (New International Version)
7Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the flute or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes? 8Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle? 9So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air.

Praise the Lord on high!

Love ya'll

Isn't that so good? I just thought I'd share. I am so blessed to be married to such a solid man that loves Jesus. I watched the 5:00 news on channel 5 and saw the interview. Of course, like we were afraid, they edited what he said A LOT and cut out everything that Collin said about the Lord. The only thing that was on TV was something that he said about keeping the people that are already married together because the divorce rate is so high.

We have had a crazy week (we bought a house and then decided that we didn't want it) but I will post about that soon.

2 comments:

Clint said...

Great job Collin!

~Jody said...

Oh so proud of my bff Collin! Just like the news to delete what they want in order to sell their stories...oh well, thanks for the post.