Things are still a little crazy around the Day household but we are very slowly trying to adjust. Collin got the cold that my mom had so he's been battling that all week. I started to get it but was able to get on some medicine and knock it out before it got too bad. We have been trying to be extra careful around Cayden to keep him from getting sick.
Cayden had his 2 week check up on Tuesday and everything went really well. He weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces...one ounce shy of his birth weight. They really want the baby to have gained their birth weight back by the time their 2 weeks but our pediatrician said that since Cayden had lost so much of his birth weight right after he was born (he lost 11%...got down to 7 lb 5 oz) that he was very pleased with his weight gain. They like for the babies to have gained about an ounce a day and our little boy gained 13 ounces in 11 days so the doc said he's doing good on eating. Cayden is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height.
Some fun facts about our 2 week old:
- He loves to cuddle and enjoys nuzzling up in his mommy's neck.
- The noises that he makes are hilarious! He's a HUGE grunter...
- He likes to poop right after he gets a diaper change!
- He is starting to stare in people's eyes more often.
- He loves to throw his arms around.
- He loves to eat.
- He likes to stick out his tongue and make all kinds of faces!
- He loves to grab other peoples fingers and suck on his own (especially when hungry).
- He poops and pees a lot!
- He is very strong and likes to lift his head.
- He does not enjoy diaper changes or his daddy's cold hands on his bare skin!
- He's absolutely perfect!