Sunday, January 11, 2009

Introducing Cayden Glenn Day..........Finally

So, the blog definitely got neglected this past week. My plan was to update it about every 3 hours during Kristin's labor and of course after Cayden's birth. Obviously, that didn't happen. I apologize and hope this blog makes up for it.

First of all I would just like to thank our Lord and Savior for this blessing of a child. My prayer is that God will be glorified through the upbringing of this baby boy. Thank you Father!

THE LABOR
Well, we got to the hospital around 8:47 in the morning and got settled into our room rather quickly. After signing our lives away and answering about a thousand very personal questions, Kristin was on pitocin and things began to happen. Now this next part may be confusing to those that don't have kids or aren't OBGYN's but it has to do with how many centimeters Kristin was dilated. 1 is the lowest and 10 means its time to push because baby is coming soon. So, here's the dilation time line: 10:15 AM she was a 1.5, 2:30 PM she was a 2, 6:00 PM the doctor broke her water and she was a 2.5, 8:20 PM she was a 3.5 and got an epidural, 11:10 PM she was an 8, and midnight she was a 10. Nice timing right? Exactly 4 hours and 8 minutes later (that's 4:08 AM for those of you slow at math and telling time), Mr. Cayden Glenn Day made his entrance into the world. Now, that is the very short and sweet version of the labor. Any attempt to write a blog with details about this would be nothing short of futile and LONG. My wife is my hero and that reality was confirmed many times over this last week. Kristin was great and did phenomenal. Here are some pictures from the day.

This is right before we left for the hospital. Bye big belly!


Ice on the windshield, 30 degrees and raining....great day for driving to the hospital.


The room.


Kristin on pitocin.


A Bible verse we put on Kristin's bed to help her get through labor. John 16:21


The "Spread" for all the troopers in the waiting room.


Contractions! (the yellow line)


The real trooper

THE DELIVERY
Kristin had bit of a complicated delivery. All I will say to keep from getting into too much gory detail is that she had a natural episiotomy (spelling?) with 3rd degree tearing. 'Nuff said. So, she lost quite a bit more blood than usual. The human body has around 37 units of blood and Kristin lost a little over 10. They gave her the option of a blood transfusion but Kristin has recovered well and doesn't want anyone else's blood. Kristin pushed for about an hour and a half for our little boy. Seeing my son for the first time was one of the most surreal things I've ever experienced. There really are no words to describe it, just tears.....I love that little guy so much.

WARNING: There is a graphic picture below so if you have a really weak stomach you may not want to look!

And now, the moment you have all been waiting for............CAYDEN!!!!!!!

There he is!

Getting cleaned off.


That's my boy!


First picture of the Day family.


AT HOME
The Day family has been through a lot the past few days, which is why the blog hasn't been updated. But by the grace of God we are doing much better now. Thank you to all friends and family who have prayed and helped us begin our lives with this precious boy.

Car ride home


Just chillin


Burping


Profile shot soaking in some rays.

First bath

8 comments:

~Jody said...

SOOOOO AWESOOOOOOME!!!!!!! I am so thrilled to see pictures of him! Sigh....I am just so happy right now. you have no idea. Oh, Kristin, Victoria said she's very sorry about the delivery complications and said that sucked and that she felt bad for you. You guys just work on getting him big enough to come visit his Jody and Victoria and we'll have a real nice pink room he can sleep over in. :)

Honea Household said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to talk to you, Kris. You know me...I want the details. Nosy me. :) Call me when you can. I really can't talk that well right now because of my wisdom teeth and I realize that you are probably still recovering, so maybe by the end of this week we can chat! I love you and I'm so proud of you! He's beautiful!!!

Kristi said...

He is beautiful! We're praying for all of you!

Emily said...

What a precious baby! He is such a pretty baby! Congratulations and welcome to the world Cayden!!!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations, Kristin! Cayden is beautiful!

Clint said...

I love him! I love him! I love him! The two of you are great parents already. I especially love the pic with the whole family and Collin grinning ear to ear. He's smiling so hard it looks painful. Too great! PRAISE THE LORD FOR CAYDEN! We love you three so much. Maylee says to tell her boyfriend hi and she'll see him real soon.

fransmomma said...

hooray!!! he looks big! what were his measurements??

atkesner said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations! You guys did a great job!

Kristin, I know how you are feeling. The same thing happened to me. Call me if you need any tips on how to relieve the pain.

Love y'all!
Ashley