Monday, December 8, 2008

Things are happening!

So I had a doctor's appointment today at 35 weeks 5 days. They did our final sonogram and told us that they think Cayden is weighing somewhere around 6 lbs 3 ounces! They said that was about normal for 36 weeks but I was surprised that he was that big! No wonder I am getting so uncomfortable! And did you know that boys typically weigh more at birth than girls? I learned that reading my What to Expect When You're Expecting book. So interesting...

Now for the exciting part...I am already dilated about 1 1/2 cm and 50% effaced! I was so happy I almost hugged the doctor! Sweet Larissa had a terrible time during labor last week because her body was not cooperating...she was not dilating much on her own and it made for a difficult induction. I started getting freaked out that I could be in a similar situation and have a body that wasn't cooperating so when I learned that my body is doing what it should, I was thrilled! I know that people can walk around for weeks dilated so it doesn't mean that the baby is coming any sooner or anything, but I am glad to know that my body is working with me and not against me!! And just in case, I am going to try really hard this week to finish my Christmas shopping!

I have been meaning to be better about blogging lately but it just hasn't happened. Everything with us is going great. Collin's busy at work but doing well and I'm trying my hardest to get everything ready around here for a baby! We have started making Ace sleep down in the utility room for the past few weeks and he hates it. We knew that we couldn't have him sleeping with us when Cayden comes because Cade's bassinet is in our room so we moved Ace downstairs at night. We wanted him to have several weeks to make the transition and man, the cat does NOT like it and makes sure we know about it! We found a pediatrician and I am so excited about him! I have heard amazing things about him and his practice and I'm thrilled that he's our pediatrician. They have hours on the weekends, 1 evening a week, and are really good about not over medicating. I am hoping that we don't have to spend much time at his office but I feel good about who we've chosen for a doctor for Cayden. My hospital bag is about 80% packed with the things that I can pack ahead of time. And I'm planning on packing the diaper bag when I'm done typing this. It seems surreal to think that in just over a week we'll be considered full term pregnant. Aagh!

We took a "Joy of Parenting" Class through the hospital last weekend. They taught us Infant Choking and CPR (which is the sole reason that we took it) and we feel a lot better about bringing our little boy home after doing that. I have a fear that Cayden is going to choke on something so I wanted to be sure that we knew CPR before bringing the little guy home. The rest of the class was pretty pointless and honestly brutal to sit through. I cannot see getting a whole lot out of it unless you have never in your life been around a baby. Most of what was taught we feel like is instinctual. There were a few things that we learned that we will be implementing, though.

Baby Maylee is the sweetest little thing. It's still hard to believe that my best friend since 3rd grade has a baby! And everytime I hold her I think about how awesome God is that He allowed Ris and I to go through this experience together. And now Maylee is here...it won't be long and her best buddy Cayden will be here...crazy!

0 comments: