Monday, December 29, 2008

Only 1 week to go!

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and has enjoyed (or is maybe still enjoying!) spending time with family and people that you love. We had a nice quiet Christmas at home and it was great! We went to the Christmas Eve service at McKinney (the church that we will probably eventually join but haven't finished "shopping around"). It was sweet little Maylee's first outing and we loved getting to be there for it. She was so pretty with her little red dress on and big white bow on her head. I can hardly wait to see her and Cayden together! Anyway, our friends Brandon and Stephanie sang during the service and did amazing and it was just a nice way to kick off the festivities of the following day. We had a nice dinner with my parents that night and enjoyed being at home. Here's a picture of me that night, at 38 weeks. I can hardly believe how big I am...


I feel like everywhere I go people gawk at me because I am enormous!!! Everyone says that I'm all belly, but still...I just feel fat!

This Christmas was extra special for me, being 9 months with child. It's hard not to think about baby Jesus and Mary when you have a baby moving around in your belly all day long.

Christmas morning we ate breakfast, opened gifts, and lounged around in our PJ's. Despite the fact that Collin and I weren't going to do gifts because we bought a nice new camera back in November which was to be our gift to one another, I cheated. I got him a Wii and he was SO surprised and really excited! He told me that he was mad at me for getting it, but surprisingly not mad enough to want to return it to the store...imagine that! :) We've had fun playing it. Here's a picture of him once he realized what it was...his face says it all!


Collin helped my dad lift something crazy heavy in their backyard on Christmas afternoon and messed up his back. Well, I say he "helped". My dad was turned around doing something else and Collin just did it by himself. What a stinker! He had major back problems a few days ago but it's slowly getting better. We were praying that Cayden would hold off coming so that Collin's back could heal up. The sleeping arrangements for the daddy's at the hospital are not the most comfy, so we want his back to be in good shape! Luckily, our little boy helped us out and didn't come quite yet.

I had my weekly checkup at the doctor's today. Since last week, we are scheduled to be induced on Monday, January 5th. My doctor told me last week that if I wasn't dilated to at least 2 cm then we would have to check into the hospital at midnight on the 4th and I would have to have something inserted to help my cervix dilate more. Sounds fun, I know. We were really hoping and praying that I would be at least a 2 at this appointment. Well, I wasn't. Still a 1 1/2. BUT, I am effaced 80% and because of that, my doc said that we won't have to check in early. She said that you usually efface before you dilate all that much and that 80% is far enough along that she thinks I'll be fine. I thanked her and promised her that I would walk a lot between now and then. My mom and I walked this afternoon and I plan on doing as much walking as I can this week, as much as my fat feet, over-exerted lungs, and tired legs will let me. So, unless little Cayden gets restless and decides to come on his own (which every now and then I start thinking, "Maybe this is it..." because I'm having so much cramping, but it always subsides), he should be here 1 week from today! We check into the hospital at 9:00 AM on Monday. The doc also told me that she's on call this weekend so if a slot opens earlier than 9 AM, she'll pencil me in and call me. So, there's a chance we could be going in on Sunday night! She knows that I am SO ready to have this baby!!!

We are pretty much ready for him to be here. There are a few last minute details to get taken care of, but for the most part, we're ready. All the bags are packed, the electronics charged, the car seat base is properly installed in the car, etc. I am typing up some Bible verses to take with us to the hospital to help me get through labor so if you know of any - maybe some that helped you - I would love to hear them! The nerves have really set in as far as delivery goes, but I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be. A lot of my friends say that's how they felt so I guess that's normal. I keep telling myself, "God made women's bodies to be able to do this!"

We're also trying to spend some time with Ace because his world is about to be completely turned upside down. He's had a hard time with the transition of moving and we're a little concerned about how he's going to do with a baby around. I will close with this picture of him curled up with me in the recliner. I was reading the book, "Same Kind of Different As Me". It was SO good...I read it in less than 2 days. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Kristin...I keep up with you through your blog (although this is the first time I've made a comment) and through Ashley! I'm so excited for the arrival of your little one. I LOVED being pregnant at Christmas time. Ash was born on the 23rd of Dec and came home on Christmas day....so I still get emotional around that time of the year. It was such a special time of year to have my first baby!!! I'll be praying for you.

Also, I just started the book "Same Kind of Different as Me". It is already so good....can't wait to read some more tonight!

Give your parents hugs!
Love you~~Kristi

Honea Household said...

Aww, I am almost just as ready as you for Cayden to get here! I cannot wait to see who he looks like! I'll be praying for you. And tell Collin to keep my updated through text messages during the morning. I so want to know everything!!!

My cousin got that same book and she finished it in a day and then gave it to my mom and I to read. Mom's got it right now, so I'll have to wait for her to finish it!

Love you!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe he's going to be here so soon! I'm praying for you guys and can't wait to meet him SO SOON!!! Love you guys!