Sunday, December 14, 2008

Long time coming...

I have been meaning to post this for a while now but we've been so busy and time is seeming to fly by faster than ever these days. So, here's a little of what I've been meaning to write about. *Just a forewarning...this will be long!

We've had 2 great baby showers since we moved to Fort Worth. The first was here on November 1st. My mom's best friend and a woman who is dear to my heart, Theresa Cockerham, along with Larissa and a couple of other dear ladies threw me this shower. I was waiting to post this because my new friend Leslie, who happens to be a great photographer, took pictures and I was waiting to get them back. I haven't gotten them yet so here are some random pics from various people. Sadly, I was horrible about taking pictures at this shower so I don't really have any from my camera.

My mom made this diaper cake...look at how she painted Cayden's name along the base. So cute!

My mom and I before the shower started (sorry it's a tad bit blurry!).

Theresa decorated in a very cute baby blue and chocolate brown theme. Here are some of the tables before the shower started.
She had pictures of Collin and I growing up in the centerpieces and it was precious! It was fun to walk around and look at all of the pictures!
There was an excellent spread, thanks to Theresa. She always does such a great job!
Larissa had her ultra-talented friend Shelley make the cake and it was AMAZING!!!
Can you tell that I was really excited about this gift?!? It's a baby's first Bible and the person who gave it to me had Cayden Day engraved on the front. I love it!
We got so many great things for Cayden and had a really fabulous time!

The following weekend we made the drive to Houston for our baby shower there. My sweet sis-in-law, Carissa, along with my mom-in-law threw us this shower and it was great! Carissa and her husband Nick, along with my in-laws, totally outdid themselves making it special for us. Again, I was not good about taking pictures and didn't whip out my camera to get any pictures once the shower began. I did, however, get a couple of pictures of the decor before it started.

Carissa made these letters - how cute are they?!? She gave them to me after it was over and I have yet to decide what I want to do with them. I want to do something cute and fun with them, I just don't know what yet.
Collin's Grandad made these train letters when Collin was little and my mother-in-law pulled them out of a box a while ago along with some other little boy toys of Collin's that Grandad made. We discovered that we had all of the letters to spell Cayden's full name except that we were missing 1 E. So, Grandad made another E and they had them setting on the mantle at the shower. How cute!
Carissa decorated in a really precious alphabet theme (which is extra cute since that's Cayden's nursery theme). And she made the cake herself...all while having a 6 month old at home! It was not only adorable but also yummy!
My friend Kristin's mom gave me this diaper cake. Isn't it cute?!?
We got most of the rest of what we needed for Cade at this shower so it was a huge blessing. It was so nice to be able to see friends that we hadn't seen since moving and, of course, to spend time with family that we miss so much.

Also that weekend, Carissa took our maternity pictures for us. The weather turned out to be great - here are a few of the shots. Thanks Carissa for doing such a great job and for giving up your Saturday morning for us! We love you!
This isn't all that I had intended on posting about but since this is already so long (Collin just pointed out to me from the other room that I've been "typing for a while now"!), I won't bore you any longer! If you're still reading this, then thanks! We hope that everyone is doing great and is getting ready to celebrate the birth of our Savior!

1 comments:

Honea Household said...

very cute pictures!!! so sad i didn't get to see you. guess i'll be making a visit after cayden gets here!!!