Monday, December 22, 2008

The countdown is on!

Well, I had my 38 week doctor's appointment today. My pregnancy is perfectly textbook healthy and Cayden is doing great. I don't feel all that great (between the cramping, heartburn, aching body parts, swollen feet, and running to the restroom every 5 minutes but who's complaining...) but as fas as the doc's concerned, the baby and me are doing fabulous. If this little guy doesn't decide to come on his own (and believe me, I'm trying everything I can think of to make that happen!) then we got the word today that we will be induced on January 5th. Two days before our due date and two weeks from today! We were hoping for a little earlier but the hospital is really booked up around this time of year plus we're having to work with my doctor's schedule and the holidays. So, at least there's an end in sight. This little guy should be here in 2 weeks (or less if he decides he's ready sooner)! So exciting!!!

2 comments:

Honea Household said...

i pray that he comes without induction. i hope you are feeling a little better!

Kimberly said...

He will be here before you know it! I will be praying for you and for a smooth labor.