Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh my...

That little ticker to the right is getting awfully close to the end! Less than 50 days to go until we are 40 weeks! This pregnancy is going by so fast, I can hardly believe it! We are now 33 weeks along and it's crazy to me to think about how big Cayden is already...according to Babycenter, he is over 4 pounds and is over 17 inches in length. I believe it too...his movements are becoming so overwhelmingly strong that they make me jump sometimes! He does these body rolls that make my stomach twist in crazy shapes. There's nothing like it!

Last weekend, we took a Lamaze/Childbirth class. It was a Friday night (6-10) and all day Saturday (10-6) class through the hospital. We really liked our teacher - she made it humorous and was very knowledgeable. We learned a lot about different pain management techniques and different laboring positions. We got to try all the different things out, which felt a little silly in a room full of strangers, but I'm glad we did because it allowed Collin and I to see what really works for me and what positions were most comfortable. We learned how to time contractions, detailed info on c-sections (we were the only ones in our class that had a breech baby but the teacher indulged us and gave us the skinny on what to expect, should it come to that), and all kinds of info. I had heard horror stories from several friends about the awful videos that were shown in their childbirth class so I was a little nervous. We only saw 2 graphic videos and the worst of those wasn't as bad as what I was expecting. The teacher did bust out with a baby doll and a pelvis and showed us how the baby fits through but it wasn't as bad as it sounds. We left the class feeling better about the labor & delivery process and more prepared.

I promise that I am going to post about our baby showers, I am just waiting on some pics from the Fort Worth shower. I hardly took any pictures but my friend Leslie took some so as soon as I get those, I'll post about everything!

0 comments: