Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby Update

I have not been great about updating what's going on in our lives lately, so I am going to try and be better about that. I'll start with my favorite topic, Cayden!

I went to the doctor on Monday for my most recent check up. Little Cayden is doing great. He is measuring right on track with my due date and is an active little cutie, so all seems to be well. I have been coming down with some sort of cold or something so the doc put me on a z-pack and I feel better already. And I was told that about a week after I'm done with my z-pack, Collin and I have to go get flu shots. I was thinking that since I was pregnant I shouldn't do that this year, but my doctor looked at me like I was crazy when I said that so I guess whoever told me that was a liar. When I told Collin about that, he was less than thrilled. He got a flu shot last year and then got the flu but he'll suck it up for Cayden and get one :)

My feet are still crazy swollen so that's not fun but my blood pressure is still great so that's a blessing. Hopefully that will continue throughout these final weeks. I had a sonogram to check the little guys position and sure enough, that stinker is still breech. I really felt like he was but at least we know now for sure. I think that if he turns, I will know it. The doctor says that we don't need to worry at this point but that I need to start thinking about whether or not I would want her to try and turn him (a procedure that does NOT sound fun) should I get to the end and he's still breech. She said there's still a chance that he'll turn on his own but the more time that goes on, the less likely that is. She gave me some exercises that I can do to try and encourage him to flip on his own. So far it hasn't helped but it's only been 2 days. I feel him trying to turn on his own but, for whatever reason, he's having trouble. Poor little guy. We will do another sonogram in 2 weeks to check his position again and then a big one at 36 weeks to check his measurements and everything. I am so curious to know how big he is!

We've had a couple showers in the last few weeks and are pretty ready for this little guy! There's just a few last minute things that I need to get. The glider that we ordered came in last week so I went and picked it up last night. Collin and my dad set it up and it's WONDERFUL! I love it so much. I could sit in it all day. Plus it has an ottoman so I can prop my fat feet up while lounging in it, so that's a plus.

My mom is starting to think that he might come early with my feet being so swollen so she's helping and encouraging me to be completely prepared by early-mid December. With me, she had to have an emergency c-section at 36 weeks and they were not prepared, so she keeps saying, "If that were to happen, I want you and Collin to be prepared!" She's sweet. She even keeps making comments about having Cade's stocking ready (she's making it) in case he is to grace us with his presence before Christmas. I really don't think that will happen but I guess you never know. It's better to be prepared, right? I'll post about the showers over the last few weekends soon. We've had so much fun and been so blessed by all the things we've gotten!

3 comments:

fransmomma said...

i want to see a tummy picture! glad all is well. he'll turn. don't worry about it.

Honea Household said...

It is so good to get an update!!! Miss you!

Abbey said...

I know you can't wait to hug your little Cayden. He'll be here before you know it and then one day you look up and he's already five months old. Boys are indescribably fun.

I have much sympathy for you and your feet! I was so happy happy when I finally had ankles once again. Hang in there - you make such a beautiful mom.