Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The need to nest...

*Update- it has come to my attention that the below sentence reads like I am giving birth on Saturday. I am NOT giving birth to this baby 2 1/2 months early! We went and did our hospital tour this past Saturday. That's what I was trying so say! Sorry about the confusion!*

We went and did our tour of the hospital where we'll be delivering on Saturday. I really liked the tour guide and was impressed with the hospital. I learned that they have a brand new NICU and can handle babies born after 28-29 weeks (which I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow) so that made me feel good. The hospital is close to us so we won't have to drive downtown or anything, so that's nice. And one thing I'm super excited about...it's close to a Subway and a Sonic. The 2 things that I have been missing eating while pregnant is deli meat and corn dogs so Collin won't have too far to drive to get me those things post delivery :) Here are some pics of us in front of the hospital.

In the above picture, Collin and Clint were showing off their pregnant bellies (Collin had my sweater under his shirt!). Silly boys! Larissa and I both got a tad bit freaked out while there. Just being at the hospital and seeing all the equipment and talking about all the details with hospital types...it's overwhelming. Although we have known this truth, you sort of come to the realization of, "This baby has to come out of me...and soon!!" When we found out we were pregnant, 9 months seemed so far away, but now that we're getting so close, it's almost surreal. I have definitely felt the pressure to get some more reading under my belt this week. I bought the What to Expect During the First Year book on Sunday and borrowed another book from a friend. I want to be as prepared as I can be not only for labor but for adjusting to life as a new mommy. Am I normal for being a little freaked out? I would love to hear how you were feeling when you were approaching the home stretch!

Last weekend, our baby furniture came in. It's sitting in my parents garage in boxes. I want so badly to set it up (especially since some of Cayden's bedding came in the mail yesterday) but it makes no sense to do that at this point. It's been a struggle for me to not know where we'll be living and if we'll even be able to find a house that we love and get moved and settled in before the baby comes. I LOVE decorating and not being able to get his nursery ready right now is hard for me. But, I'm so thankful that we're here and I know that everything will work out beautifully. In the meantime, I am just trying to get everything together so that when it does happen, we can set it up in a hurry.

If you have any advice on preparing for baby - both for the delivery part and for once we get home, I would love to hear it! If you don't feel like sharing on here, call or email me!

5 comments:

fransmomma said...

oooooohhhhh, so the tour was saturday. i read that sentence probably 6 times before i realized thats what it meant. i thought you were saying, "we'll be delivering on saturday!" i'm thinking what on earth has happened that shes delivering this baby 10 weeks early?!?!?

Honea Household said...

Get BabyWise. It's awesome for setting up a schedule, healthy sleep habits, eating schedules, etc. It's great and very useful.

I can't believe it's getting so close.

I will definitely be there for your shower. Jim worked it out where he has some meetings in Ft. Worth on Friday. I'll be just hanging out with the kids, so if you wanna hang out, give me a holler. I'm trying to talk Jim into staying Saturday night so that maybe we could all do dinner and you guys could meet the kids and stuff, but I don't know if it's going to happen. Jim's cheap and it's another night in the hotel room. Hmm...we'll see.

Honea Household said...

I just read my comment and that sounded bad about Jim being cheap and kinda like y'all are worth the money for the hotel room. That's not what I meant at all. Please don't take it that way. Sorry!

fransmomma said...

ah, i forgot to leave my recommendation. i would go immediately and buy Baby 411. you can get it at barnes and noble. i call it the baby bible. it's co-written by a pediatrician and a stay-at-home mom, so you get a little bit of everything. they present it with honesty and humor--fantastic! it has everything youd want to know about anything. from feeding, to why their poop looks the way it does, to different illnesses and their symptoms as well as how to treat them. its AWESOME!! and like $14, so definately worth the investment.
if you get one, let me know what you think.

The Day's said...

Amy,

I didn't even think about it reading like that but I went back and read your comment and was like, "Oh my goodness - it totally sounds like I'm delivering on this coming Saturday!" Thanks for bringing it to my attention! And thanks for your book recommendation. I am totally going to order Baby 411!

Ashley,

I am so happy that you'll be able to come to the shower!!! I am so excited to see you that I could just scream! And I would LOVE to get to hang out with you and the kiddo's on Friday. Let's make it a date! And it's so funny to me that you recommended BabyWise. I just started reading that this week! So far I really like it. Thanks for the recommendation!