Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Melting Pot

Tomorrow is Collin's birthday - yay!- and we went to The Melting Pot on Friday night to celebrate. It's a place that we've always talked about going and just never had so we decided to try it. It was so much fun! If you've never been, you should definitely go!

It's a fondue restaurant so almost everything they serve you is fondue style. They put a fondue pot on your table on top of a burner and everything cooks in front of you. The fondue pot you see below is actually the one they use for cheese fondue, that's why it's not very big. They have about 6 different types of cheese fondue and serve it with various types of bread, apples, and veggies for dipping. We didn't actually get a cheese fondue because it was not going to agree with this pregnant girl but most people around us did.

Then, they bring you a salad and oh-my-goodness...we both said that it was the best salad we've probably ever had. We both got the caesar salad and HELLO LOVE - it was fabulous! It had these little parmesan cheese encrusted pine nuts...amazing! Even Collin ate his entire salad and that's the first time I've ever seen that happen!

For the main course, you decide what type of cooking style you want (they have 4 different flavors to choose from) and they add all the ingredients to the pot at your table (a new, larger pot). Then, they bring you whatever type of meat that you ordered, raw - we had ordered this deal for 2 people and it included chicken, filet mignon, beef tips, shrimp, and salmon. They also brought us broccoli, mushrooms, and new potatoes. You cook all the food yourself in the pot. It's so fun! At first, when a friend told me about this place, I thought, "If I am paying good money to go out to dinner...I do not want to have to cook my own food!" But it's actually very easy and really fun. They brought us about 6 different sauces for dipping all the different things in. Yum!


Then, they have a bunch of different chocolate fondues to choose from. This was my favorite part! We ordered a smores one that had milk chocolate, marshmallow cream, and was flambeed at our table and then sprinkled with graham crackers. It was sooo good! It really tasted just like a smore. They brought us cheesecake, strawberries, pound cake, marshmallows, rice krispy treats, bananas, brownies, and graham crackers for dipping. We were stuffed from all the other food but managed to find room to finish off our pot of chocolate :)

I am not a fan of the above picture. My left arm looks huge and I almost didn't post it but then I realized that was really vain so I decided to post it anyway. I didn't really mean to make this sound like an ad for The Melting Pot but we had a good time and I just wanted to share. If you're looking for somewhere new and fun to try, you should go!

And on another note, today is my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday, mom! We love you so much and wish we could be close to celebrate with you :) You are an amazing woman and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I love you more than words.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Collin---wish we were there to celebrate your birthday! It sounds like ya'll had a great time at the Melting Pot. Have never been but it sounds wonderful and fun too; oh yeah, Gary would love it but I think I would too. Kristin, thanks so much for your call after lunch today wishing me a Happy Birthday. I really appreciate your kind words but I really think that I am the one that is very blessed and I love you dearly. Praising God for you and your sweet husband!
Mom