Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's a...

BOY!

We are thrilled! He is growing and developing nicely - weighing in at a whopping 12 ounces. He has all of his extremities and all of his parts look normal and measured appropriately. Praise the Lord! He was kicking around and twirling all about. The doctor said that he is in the breech position but that at this stage that doesn't mean anything because they move around so much. We got the cutest little shot of his perfect little feet and got to see his tiny little toes...it was the sweetest thing! I can hardly wait to kiss those precious little feet! And there's no mistaking the gender...he's all boy :)

We got a few pictures but, to be honest, they're not the greatest pics in the world. They tried to get some profile shots of him but couldn't get him to turn right so they took some head on shots. His eyes are still fused shut (I think they open around week 26 or 32 or something like that) but you can see the eye sockets and it's kind of freaky. Don't get me wrong, it's still beautiful and I love it, but I don't know if anyone other than family would appreciate it! It kind of looks like alien baby! Still, I will post them soon.

Collin has his CFP class tonight so I was driving home by myself and I was talking to my mom on the phone. I was talking to her about how awesome it is that God has planned all along for us to bring this little boy into the world. I am so overwhelmed that He chose me to be this little boy's mommy. He has supremely planned our family for us and I cry every time I think about that. How amazing is He! Thank you Lord for this little boy, my SON!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!!! You're going to have the most handsome son on the block for sure! :o) I'm praying for you guys! Much love, Steph

Rissa said...

I keep smiling from ear to ear! I'm too excited! I can't even tell you! Y'all our going to be the best parents to this little boy! Can't wait to meet him in 20 weeks!

Love to all Three!!!

fransmomma said...

congratulations!! boys are ridiculously fun! and now any girls you have will have abig brother. i love that!
a cool thing i did for both of my kids was when i found out i was expecting, i started a journal and every few months during my pregnancy and their first year i would just write about what i was thinking and feeling and then when they were born i'd write about their "milestones" and whatnot. i still write in it, but no more than twice a year. my mom did one for me and gave it to me on my 18th birthday. just a thought. that seems like something you would like to do...or may be already doing!!

Reese's Pieces said...

YAY! A little boy!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Congratulations!

Honea Household said...

I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet the little guy! Love you and glad that all is well!