Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What is our world coming to?

We, like so many fellow Houstonians, have Comcast. For anyone who doesn't know, Comcast (formerly known as Time Warner Cable) is a cable, internet, and telephone provider. They do other things too, I think, but that's all we use them for. So the other night Collin and I were flipping channels (actually Collin was flipping channels and I was just laying there...he's a bit of a remote hog! Just kidding honey, I love you!) and couldn't find anything on TV so we went to the "On Demand" channel. You know, the channel that houses all of the shows from the current or previous seasons most popular TV shows so if you miss them and don't have a DVR, you can catch them for free on On Demand. They also have free movies and all sorts of stuff on there. Well, we were flipping through and all of a sudden came across "Dating On Demand". I nearly fell off the couch. Are we the only ones that didn't know this was out there? Wanting to know more, we reluctantly clicked on the "30-40 year old males" section and began watching this guy talk about why women should call him. I don't really recall what he said exactly, something along the lines of "You should call me because I have a job and I'm not crazy." Hmmm. Sounds like a winner. That would make any single girl want to pick up the phone. Anyway, can you believe that?!? DATING On Demand. Don't get me wrong...I feel INCREDIBLY blessed that God allowed me to cross paths with the man that He designed for me while in college. I am in no way diminishing the fact that it can be very hard to meet someone. But Dating On Demand...really? It's almost as bad as the Bachelor/Bachelorette.

2 comments:

The Day's said...

If you are like me and need to hear something to restore your faith in mankind, let me just tell you...yesterday we found Pet Adoptions On Demand and that made me feel better.

Honea Household said...

I'm so glad I'm done with the whole dating scene.