Wednesday, June 11, 2008

1/4 of the way there!

We are officially 10 weeks and I for one am glad to be in the double digits. It's hard to believe that we are 1/4 of the way through this pregnancy - our little baby will be here before we know it and we're so excited!!!

As far as Collin's bloodwork goes, it actually turned out to be a big pain in the rear. I won't go into all the boring details but I will say that we probably won't know anything for a little while. Apparantly it's a pretty extensive test and takes the lab longer than most blood tests. I'm hoping to know something by the end of next week. We'll see. As far as how we're doing, I've had a lot of people asking me if I'm "hanging in there?" I'm doing fine. Yes, it's concerning but it's not overwhelming or even really worrysome. Besides, worrying is a sin and doesn't do any good anyway so I am trying to move away from that character trait. Collin is much better at that than me, but I digress... The odds are in our favor that Collin is not a carrier and that this baby is fine...we are thinking positively that everything will be fine. God created this precious child in His image and we fully believe that it will be "lacking nothing".

So, I'll update when we know something. Please continue to bathe this in prayer along with us.

3 comments:

Honea Household said...

I am so glad you are not worrying about it and you've just given it to God. You are right...God created this blessing and he or she will be lacking nothing. Glory be!

Love you and praying.

The Day's said...

Ash-

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have been meaning to call you back. The night that you called I wasn't feeling well and went to bed at 8:00! Literally. Last night we didn't get home until about 10:00. Way after my bedtime these days :) I will call you tonight. Are you home yet or still at Emily's?

amy frans said...

praying for ya'll. God is in control and His grace is sufficient.