Friday, May 9, 2008

Super Fun Weekend!

Last weekend, we were thrilled to have the Simpson's along with super sweet Stephanie Gaston come into town. On Saturday afternoon, we went and had some super yummy mexican food at our favorite place to eat, Lupe Tortilla. That night, we went to the Brazoria County Cancer Benefit out in Angleton. Clint's brothers band, Cadillac Sky (who is really, really good), were playing so we got to go to this fancy shin-dig (which was like $150 or $200 (I cannot remember what Larissa told me!) a plate) for free! Thank you Cadillac Sky and Clint! It was western themed and I wish that I had gotten a picture of the GIANT room because it was decorated very cute! Here are some pictures for your enjoyment:



We were trying to look country. Trying is the operative word! Every item of clothing that I am wearing was borrowed!


Larissa, me, and Stephanie. I love all the boots!


Check out Collin's goatee. It was very long (and red!) - he grew it out for this occasion so that he would look more the part. How cute is he!


The precious Simpson's


Me and Ris - please excuse the Budweiser sign in the background!

Hope everyone is doing well. We are leaving for Fort Worth this afternoon to go celebrate Mother's Day and my birthday weekend with mi familia. We're looking forward to another fun weekend! If you're a mom or a mom-to-be, Happy Mother's Day to ya!

4 comments:

Honea Household said...

I love dressing up cowgirl-ish. I only do it like once or twice a year during rodeo! Love it! :) Hope you had a happy birthday! Did you get my message?

The Day's said...

Ash, I had a great birthday! It was so fun to spend time in Fort Worth over the weekend and get to be with people that I love so much! And I got a video i-pod...so fun! I got your phone call - and both of your sweet cards. I especially love the one with the cherries - I agree it's adorable and what you wrote was just precious. Thanks! Hope you're doing well. Call you soon. Love you sweet friend!

~Jody said...

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow..just we might not be friends if you both dress like cow-people. Just kidding, dress how you want...but just so you know, I'll be wearing my full Irish Gear...Kilt and all!

steven said...

angleton??? wow...you were ride down the road from where i grew up. Danbury Tx. i spent many a nights in Angleton tx.

so great to catch up on you guys & your marriage. thanks for linking our adoption site.

i hope you guys are well. tell collin i said hello.