Thursday, April 17, 2008

A BIG praise, plus a little disappointment...

We found out in March (on our anniversary, actually...what a great gift!) that our law suit has been settled and we will not be going to trial (to read about it, click here)! YAY! We never had to pay anything out of pocket and are so grateful for that. This whole ordeal has been ridiculous and we're so glad to be putting it behind us!

Now for the disappointing news...I showed up on Tuesday for jury duty, all excited to do my duty as a citizen and see that justice was served in whatever case I might be given. Sadly, I was not given that opportunity. And I was actually really surprised at how boring it was. It was quite overcrowded - I had to park 3 blocks away and walk. I have always been fascinated with the judicial system and I still think it would be cool to actually sit on some* juries, but I'll have to wait until next time. And, a note to the wise...if you get called for jury duty, definitely take a book. I was really wishing that someone had mentioned that to me before I went!

*I say "some" juries, because I only would want to be on the jury of a traffic case (like ours!), a financial matter, a car jacking, theft, etc. Nothing to do with murder, rape, etc. I know that you cannot help what case you are handed, but I'm just sayin'...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the "new spring cool look" of your blog. Hmm...sorry I forgot to mention to take a book.
Love, Mom

Computadores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.