Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Prayer Needed

My dad, Gary Wolcott, was admitted to the hospital last night in Fort Worth. He has been feeling bad all week and when my mom couldn't get his fever down from 102/103 last night, she called their doctor who told her to take him to the ER. He is a diabetic, which complicates everything, and has had high blood sugar all week. It was high at the hospital last night, which concerned the doctors. Last week, he also had his second laser eye surgery for a detached retinain his left eye in the last 2 months. When he was feeling so bad last night, he could see nothing out of his left eye. They were able to get his fever down at the hospital and ran some tests to try and figure out what is going on. They discovered that he has a very high white blood cell count and admitted him to the hospital to run more tests. Please pray that nothing serious is going on. Pray for a quick recovery. Pray for the doctors and nurses. Please also pray for my mom, who is super woman under pressure but it's easy to be a little frantic at times when your husband is in the hospital.

Thanks in advance for your prayers. We haven't heard from them since the wee hours of the morning so hopefully that's a good sign and means that they got some sleep last night. We will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Honea Household said...

Oh my goodness, how scary! I will certainly be lifting him up today. I know it's hard to be so far away from them at times like these. I pray for peace. Call me or let me know somehow how he is doing.

Honea Household said...

How is your dad?