Sunday, November 18, 2007

Reminiscing

I was driving over by HBU today and it brought back so many memories from my college days. The campus looks different now but just driving by it filled my mind with sweet memories. Sometimes, in the midst of a crazy week, I miss those days. I miss the late nights of hanging out with my friends without worrying about being at work the next morning. The sporting events, the formals, and the endless slumber parties with my girlfriends. I miss it. I miss that so many of my friends were in one place. It’s sad how after college these people that you were so close to seem to scatter all over. It’s fun to see where God has them now and all of the things that are going on in their lives. But I miss seeing them all the time. I miss sharing clothes with 3 other girls. I miss all the inside jokes and the countless nights of eating junk food without gaining any weight (the older I get the more I notice the pounds mysteriously sneaking on!). I guess if our entire lives were one giant college experience then we wouldn’t appreciate it while we’re there.

I am so thankful that I went off to college. I learned so much, not only academically, but about myself as a person. I met the love of my life in college. Collin and I had such a fun time getting to know one another. We would sit and talk for hours about missions and about our salvation experiences. About our childhood and about where we thought we would be in 10 years. We fell in love in college. What a precious time it was. And don’t get me wrong, I love where we are now. I wouldn’t trade this time for anything. I LOVE being Collin’s wife – it’s my favorite thing! But sometimes, I miss those irresponsible college days. And I am very thankful that Collin and I both had a "college experience".

0 comments: