Thursday, October 11, 2007

Book Recommendation


I started reading The Five Love Languages in college. I remember liking it, but I got busy and never finished it. It was one of my rommates books and when she got married and moved out, she took her book with her. So, last year Collin bought me the book for Christmas. It sat in our book shelf for almost a year before I picked it up. Isn't that sad?! Anyway- I have started reading it and I love it! It's so applicable and so so good. It offers such insight into how to love people better and I am getting so much out of it.

The five love languages are:

Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

It is especially applicable in my marriage, obviously, but that's not all. God is opening my eyes to all the ways that I should be expressing love and I am overwhelmed by the things that I sometimes do that might be hurtful to people without ever meaning to! Anyway, all that to say that the book is great and you should read it if you haven't. I've heard a rumor that there's a test in the back of the book to see what type of love language is your primary love language. I haven't peeked to see if it's true yet, but if it is I will be very excited! I think I already know what I am and what Collin is, so we'll see if I'm right!

2 comments:

Honea Household said...

Jim and I have read that book and it is really great! I thought I knew my love language, but when I took the test, I was totally wrong. I will let you know my love language some other way instead of on the world wide web. Enjoy reading. You will learn a lot!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this book. I read it right after we got married and it defiantly open my eyes on how to relate to my spouse. I need to reread it, its been so long I don't have a clue what my love language is anymore!

Glad your enjoying it!

Riss