Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thank You Jesus for iced-tea

Collin and I both grew up in Texas, drinking iced-tea with virtually every meal. So, needless to say, we have become adults that drink iced-tea at almost every meal. About a month ago our ice maker went out. It's hard to make iced-tea without ice. So, for about 3 weeks we were without tea. Some of Collin's family had mercy on us and brought us tea a couple of different nights, which was glorious, but we were so thirsty for tea that it didn't last long. It's easy to take something like tea for granted, especially if you grew up with it your whole life.

Last week, a sweet man sent straight from Heaven came and fixed our ice machine. I cannot tell you how much iced-tea we have drank in the last 5 days. I have been so tea deprived that I drink it with breakfast. I can't seem to get enough. Collin will walk in the door from work in the evening and say, "I'm gonna make some tea!" Some nights we make 2 pitchers- just for the 2 of us. And it's gone before we go to bed.
Thank You Jesus for iced-tea. And thank you for Mr. Coffee iced-tea makers that make it easier on working women. We will never take the precious gift of iced-tea for granted again :)

P.S. We drink de-caf, in case anyone was worried about us bouncing off the walls from all the caffeine!

1 comments:

Honea Household said...

You are hilarious! I did not realize you liked tea that much. Have you ever had Chick-fil-a tea? Theirs is delish! Call me sometime. I miss ya!