Monday, July 23, 2007

Baby Shower

My cousin's wife, Diana, is pregnant and due in early September. This is a big deal for my family because this will be the first baby on this side of the family since my cousin Jason was born (he turned 24 yesterday), so needless to say, we are excited. She is having a girl, who will be named Macy Lynn. My mom and I helped throw a shower for her on Saturday. I did the invitations and mom and I did a diaper cake together as the centerpiece. I was pleased with how the invitations came out and I was so proud of the diaper cake! You can't seem to get one of these online for less than $90, so I was proud that we made it ourselves and it turned out cute! I think it turned out cute, anyway...if you don't think so please don't tell me because I am quite proud of my masterpiece of diapers!


There was a small part of me that was quite nervous to go to this shower because I knew that I would get about 10 people asking me, "Well, when's it going to be your turn?" A question that every young, married, and child-less girl seems to get at any baby related function (or at any function, as the case may be). I purposefully wore a fitted shirt as to not give anyone the assumption that I could be expecting (I originally wanted to wear a "maternity looking" shirt but decided that would encourage the questions so I decided against it), but as luck would have it, I had several people ask me about babies. It's such an awkward question and I'm sure I stumbled up my answers pretty bad. Even though I was expecting it, I still had no idea what to say. "Ummm, yeah- I don't know. We're just enjoying life right now...we'll see what happens." Ha! The shower itself went well. Diana got quite a bit of stuff that she needed for Macy. It's always fun seeing all the sweet clothes- she got this pale pink Nike stuff that I knew if Collin would have been there he would have loved.

It was a very short weekend for Collin and I. We were at my parents for a day and a half and then got back in the car to make the 5 hour trip back home. Ace did pretty well in the car (yes, we took him with us). This was his third car trip to Fort Worth, so he's becoming a pro. I am happy about this because I have heard from friends that they have had to resort to drastic measures when traveling with their cats (one friend actually sedated her cat so that he would sleep in the car!). Collin's birthday is coming up (August 18th) and I went ahead and gave him his birthday present early. He's been wanting a PSP for a while, so I went ahead and got it. I got him that and 2 PSP games. He's been like a kid in a candy store-- he loves it! Hope everyone's having a great week!
- Kristin

1 comments:

Honea Household said...

That is so cool that you created a blog! I have several friends that have created one...I have a spot, but I don't blog on it. I just use to comment on their blogspots and Beth Moore's blogspot. I started one once and then deleted it because there was too much pressure to write and I didn't have the time and didn't know WHAT to write much less. Plus I could not figure out how to put pictures up, so I just gave up! Anyway. Glad to see that y'all are doig ok.